Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:15 pm

m16a wrote:Been slowly using the interwebs to keep up with the new seasons of Leverage and Burn Notice. Anyone here catch AMC's The Walking Dead? That was pretty sweet.


I watched the first couple of seasons of Burn Notice (damn that chick is smokin'!!) but the guy who downloaded them for me went to a different (possibly HD?) format when he grabbed the 3rd season and it was not compatible with any of the machines I watched on (divx-enabled DVD player, PS3 or Windows Media player on PC) so I ended up giving up on it.

Walking Dead looked decent, unfortunately my wife deleted the episodes I had PVR'd because she thought I had already watched them when in fact I had only watched the first 2 or 3 :-[
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby Venom » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Hells Kitchen.

Love watching Gordon Ramsey rip people apart. Its good TV.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 1845
(Past Year: 47)
Joined: 16 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Cleveland, OH-IO

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:17 am

Venom wrote:Hells Kitchen.

Love watching Gordon Ramsey rip people apart. Its good TV.

I watch that all the time. As m16 said, Big Bang Theory is Hil-areous (to quote Jim Rome).

I'm also into the new season of Breaking Bad on AMC. Not much else on in the way of compelling TV, though.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Reaper Season 2 started Tuesday. Missy Peregrym (sp?) FTW

Breaking Bad Season 2 starts Sunday


re: Breaking Bad. I heard an endorsement of this that went along the lines of 'the only thing I don't like about it is that I can't go back and watch it for the first time again.'

I just watched the first episode and started the second. It's pretty darned good. Altho..... does anyone still wear tighty whities??
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:56 am

scottaa1 wrote:re: Breaking Bad. I heard an endorsement of this that went along the lines of 'the only thing I don't like about it is that I can't go back and watch it for the first time again.'

I just watched the first episode and started the second. It's pretty darned good. Altho..... does anyone still wear tighty whities??


My only problem with it is the main character sometimes seems to start channeling his character from Malcolm in the Middle and starts doing incomprehensibly stupid s**t for no discernible reason which pisses me off.

Other than that it is a brilliant show.
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:47 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:re: Breaking Bad. I heard an endorsement of this that went along the lines of 'the only thing I don't like about it is that I can't go back and watch it for the first time again.'

I just watched the first episode and started the second. It's pretty darned good. Altho..... does anyone still wear tighty whities??


My only problem with it is the main character sometimes seems to start channeling his character from Malcolm in the Middle and starts doing incomprehensibly stupid s**t for no discernible reason which pisses me off.

Other than that it is a brilliant show.


I'm watching more episodes today, and you're right... at first I didn't even recognize him, then thought oh that's the malcolm in the middle dad, and now I half expect Dewey to show up in the RV meth lab. :-°
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:59 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:re: Breaking Bad. I heard an endorsement of this that went along the lines of 'the only thing I don't like about it is that I can't go back and watch it for the first time again.'

I just watched the first episode and started the second. It's pretty darned good. Altho..... does anyone still wear tighty whities??


My only problem with it is the main character sometimes seems to start channeling his character from Malcolm in the Middle and starts doing incomprehensibly stupid s**t for no discernible reason which pisses me off.

Other than that it is a brilliant show.


I'm watching more episodes today, and you're right... at first I didn't even recognize him, then thought oh that's the malcolm in the middle dad, and now I half expect Dewey to show up in the RV meth lab. :-°

Wow! I watched all the seasons and didn't know it was him.

He's a great character, but after a few season he gets annoying because he doesn't mature. He remains the same angry man he always has been with little tolerance of jesse's shortcomings - nor does he ever seem to anticipate that Jesse will screw up.

He's kind of like Jack from Lost. His character never progressed either. He was always the same annoying, controlling, and arrogant guy.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:41 am

Is anyone else watching Impractical Jokers?

Holy Shnikes - that show is hilarious. My wife and I hurt are sides laughing at this last night. Here's a clip from an episode - the Klepto Buffet.

Klepto Buffet
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:45 am

joejlitz wrote:Is anyone else watching Impractical Jokers?

Holy Shnikes - that show is hilarious. My wife and I hurt are sides laughing at this last night. Here's a clip from an episode - the Klepto Buffet.

Klepto Buffet

I see the previews all the time but have yet to watch it...I'll have to catch an episode
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15301
(Past Year: 58)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby m16a » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Anyone checking out JJ Abrams' new show Alcatraz? It just finished its first season. I really like it so far. It's got the big dude from Lost.
Image
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5361
(Past Year: 47)
Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere in PA

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:39 hours
(and 45 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact