Holt's Value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Holt's Value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Holt's Value?

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:43 am

Personally, I don't think that any team's number 1 WR should be on waivers in any league, especially someone of Holt's talent and pedigree. The fact of the matter is that the Rams will be down almost every game, will be looking to throw, and will be looking to throw those balls to Holt or dinks and dunks to Jackson.

Also, according to Pace, he thinks he'll play this week. Even if not, as Balco pointed out, they have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way. I'm still willing to hold on to him for the foreseeable future.
Fade2White12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flyn high again » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:55 am

Week 1 - .90
Week 2 - 13.60
Week 3 - 3.70
Week 4 - 6.50
Week 6 - 2.30

Yahoo scoring/No PPR

Do you really want a guy who had one week scoring over 7 points on your starting roster? Maybe in a deep league but not in 8, 10 or even some 12 team leagues. This is a week when Holt should perform well. If he flops this week, he's not worth hanging onto IMHO. He may be a WR1 on St. Louis but he scores like a WR3.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:32 pm

Holt's only Td of the year was a pure luck deflection off a long pass in the end zone that he had the presence of mind to catch while on the ground.

Otherwise he is averaging 8.6 a catch on around 4 catches a game.

How can you even think about starting that here in week 7 of the NFL season?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:01 am

Kensat30 wrote:Holt's only Td of the year was a pure luck deflection off a long pass in the end zone that he had the presence of mind to catch while on the ground.

Otherwise he is averaging 8.6 a catch on around 4 catches a game.

How can you even think about starting that here in week 7 of the NFL season?

Thanks, Kenstat. Has anyone seen my antidepressants? Flippin Holt, kilt by an OC and decline in skills.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:40 pm

5.1 points this week in what should have been an easy game against Dallas' decimated secondary. If Holt can't score against them, he can't score against anyone. I needed a fill in RB this week so I decided to drop Holt and picked up Mewelde Moore. Turned out to be a pretty good move.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Lucky7 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:13 am

Avery's stock seems to be rising as fast as Holt's is falling. Who would you rather own, Holt or Avery in a redraft?
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:30 am

I still rather have Holt and here's why. At this point, Holt still has twice as many targets as Avery. The problem is that Holt is consistently being doubled. What is promising is that they still are trying to get him the ball, something the new coaching staff has reiterated since the change.

With the consistent double-teams, it is leaving Avery in single coverage. In my opinion, Avery's success is only going to hurt him. Holt is likely to see less double teams as Avery and the Rams continue to play well.

However, this is only speculative. Who knows - teams may continue to pay little attention to Avery and much more on Holt. However, as the weeks go on, I doubt that happens.
Fade2White12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:32 am

The best thing to happen for Holt and Avery is SJAX having monster games. Teams are going to have to bring up an extra defender into the box to try and shut Sjax down leaving more 1 on 1 coverage for both wideouts. Interesting macthup this week against the Patriots who have a banged up secondary.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:07 am

I like this weeks matchup for Holt. He has traditionally played well against the Pats and could see quite a bit of single coverage. If one of your top 2 WRs is on bye, I think he'd make for a nice fill in. I can see him getting 70-80 yards and a TD this week.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk