Week 8 Cafe Poll and Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 8 Cafe Poll and Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 8 Cafe Poll and Discussion

Postby VaderFin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:16 am

Dee--Sorry I didn't get rankings in this week. It's been beyond crazy around here. I'll have em in early next week.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:44 am

VaderFin wrote:Dee--Sorry I didn't get rankings in this week. It's been beyond crazy around here. I'll have em in early next week.

Not a problem man. Life happens, no worries ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BritSox » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:25 pm

Sandrock wrote:My Beavers have the #10 ranked SoS, a win over a #1 team and they still classify as barely a competent team at this point in the season. And look at that, they're 3-3 too.

As for Oklahoma State, how can anyone possibly rank them so high? Their toughest games up to the point of the Missouri game were Troy and Texas A&M (cakewalks basically). So they beat Missouri and all of a sudden they're top 10 material after playing....nobody? I need to see something else before they're all of a sudden a top 10 team.

I'm not going to jump a team drastically just for having a big win without any other evidence to build a case. If that were the case I would have at least ranked my Beavers after upsetting the #1 team in the country.

They're undefeated, and in a major conference. How can you say there's no evidence? THEY'VE WON EVERY GAME THEY'VE PLAYED, that's pretty good evidence. They have beaten one ranked team. How many team have beaten multiple ranked opponents at this stage? Until they lose, you have to assume they belong up there.

/Re-opening the usual FB/Husker bag of worms.

Also, you need a new definition of 'competent.' By my reckoning, a .500 team in a BCS conference who's run two ranked teams to within a score is competent. Your Beavers are definitely competent.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:26 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Dee--Sorry I didn't get rankings in this week. It's been beyond crazy around here. I'll have em in early next week.

Not a problem man. Life happens, no worries ;-D

Speaking of which, I'm not going to be able to do them this week. I'll be awol until next weekend at least.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:30 pm

I honestly don't see how you are saying that Okie St. shouldn't be a top 10 team (someone said this last page). Whether or not you think they are really that good, they are in a major conference and they are undefeated. I don't see why a team in the same conference with a similar resume plus 1 loss should possibly be ahead of them.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:42 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I honestly don't see how you are saying that Okie St. shouldn't be a top 10 team (someone said this last page). Whether or not you think they are really that good, they are in a major conference and they are undefeated. I don't see why a team in the same conference with a similar resume plus 1 loss should possibly be ahead of them.

Last week I could see the argument but now I think they have to be in the top 10 after doing it again. They still lose this week to Texas, which will knock them out of my top 10, but for week 9 they should be a top 10 team.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:21 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I honestly don't see how you are saying that Okie St. shouldn't be a top 10 team (someone said this last page). Whether or not you think they are really that good, they are in a major conference and they are undefeated. I don't see why a team in the same conference with a similar resume plus 1 loss should possibly be ahead of them.

Last week I could see the argument but now I think they have to be in the top 10 after doing it again. They still lose this week to Texas, which will knock them out of my top 10, but for week 9 they should be a top 10 team.

Top 5 IMO.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:47 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Top 5 IMO.

not for me
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sandrock » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:47 pm

That would be me who didn't rank them in the top 10 and I didn't believe they were a top 10 team last week. Dee I wouldn't really say they "did it again" because it was just Baylor. However, I think Baylor is a much more solid team than most people (they're just very raw) and that win impressed me way more than any of their previous wins. So they'll be in my top 10 this week but definitely not my top 5. If they pull the upset this Saturday, then we can talk about top 5.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:18 pm

Sandrock wrote:That would be me who didn't rank them in the top 10 and I didn't believe they were a top 10 team last week. Dee I wouldn't really say they "did it again" because it was just Baylor. However, I think Baylor is a much more solid team than most people (they're just very raw) and that win impressed me way more than any of their previous wins. So they'll be in my top 10 this week but definitely not my top 5. If they pull the upset this Saturday, then we can talk about top 5.

If they pull the upset we can talk about top 5? If they win, I don't see how they could possibly be ranked outside of the top 3 and that's assuming that both PSU and Alabama win.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football