NimRod rips tub~o~Cherilus - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

NimRod rips tub~o~Cherilus

Moderator: Football Moderators

NimRod rips tub~o~Cherilus

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:46 am

On MLive today http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/10/marinelli_why_cherilus_was_ben.html
NimRod the ridiculous gives his reason for why Gosder lost his starting job to False Start Foster.
Marinelli: Why Cherilus was benched
by Tom Kowalski
Friday October 17, 2008, 1:26 PM
Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli was very firm and stern in his answer today about why rookie first-round pick Gosder Cherilus has been benched for Sunday's game against the Houston Texans. Here's Marinelli's response:
"I guess that's what I'm about. I don't think there's a right of entitlement. I don't care what draft status is -- do you know what that means? Draft status? Some of you guys sit up in the bleachers all day eating popcorn, looking down. I'm in the middle of the arena in a team meeting and if I'm 0-5 or I'm 5-0, I look at those men with the same consistent message. The guy who's playing well is going to play -- who respects our game. Do you understand what respect of this game means? My consistency and that's what I'm going to do. The way you hurt high draft picks -- in the past here, hey, it's yours, you can mess up all you want, you can gain weight, you can do anything you want and you're going to still play. That insults this game. That insults it. I'm going to do everything I can to get that guy going and he's bustin' hard. And he's working hard. The fastest way to get back on the field, for him, is do things exactly right, the way I want it done, every single day. Draft status, that doesn't mean anything to me. Respect does. And, more importantly, I'm consistent with my message, 5-0 or 0-5 -- you have your agenda, so be it. I have mine. Is that answer clear? Good.''

Sounds like Gosder may have a lazy streak that is longer than his mean streak. NimRod makes it sound as if Gos isn’t practicing hard and or carrying his pencil properly during team meetings so some other nonsense. NimRod is making Gosder sound like another fatcat Mike Doughnut Williams, doesn’t it? “in the past you can mess up all you want, you can GAIN WEIGHT, you can do anything you want and you’re still going to play” Obviously NimRod is saying that his man Cherilus hasn’t caught on to NimRod’s style of coaching (so maybe there is hope for Gos yet). Or maybe if he truly is busting hard, as NimRod says, maybe the answer is that he just isn’t mean enough to overcome a lack of skill and lack of intelligence. Or perhaps he just can’t overcome poor coaching.
What I want to know is why is it that everything is on him until it comes time to explain his decisions. Then it is on someone else. This bozo needs to go. He has fulfilled the duties of a Lions head coach. He has started to show that he is losing his grip, he is losing his players and, Lord Ford help us, he better be losing his job.
And will someone please tell NimRod that I do understand what respect of this game means. It means winning through consistent excellent preparation and repeatable excellence in performance. Something that NimRod has shown no clue about. But thanks for sniping at the fans, Bozo, because the support you’ve been given only proves your point-we don’t know about respect for the game. We thought that respect would include conducting oneself in a respectful manner toward the fans that watch the consistently inferior product that you put out on Sunday. And one who is so firmly entrenched in the land of entitlement (Allen Park) should not be spouting off about someone underper-forming but expecting to keep his job. Hey Pot, meet Kettle.

Sincerely,
A. Popcorn Eater

ps-if they don't end up firing this no talent a55clown I cannot imagine being able to support anything that comes out of Lord Ford's sewage plant at Allen Park.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: NimRod rips tub~o~Cherilus

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:33 am

while i agree with Rod in principle...starting False Start Foster isnt helping anyone. get Mayor McCheese out there and let him learn on the job for the remaining 10 games of this lost season. if he still sucks and gives a piss-poor effort next year, let the new coach decide what to do with him

does anyone know how Branden Albert is doing in KC?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:17 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:while i agree with Rod in principle...starting False Start Foster isnt helping anyone. get Mayor McCheese out there and let him learn on the job for the remaining 10 games of this lost season. if he still sucks and gives a piss-poor effort next year, let the new coach decide what to do with him

does anyone know how Branden Albert is doing in KC?

I think Albert is hurt.
NimRod has a principle for whichever way the wind blows. I don't disagree that a player isn't owed a starting position, however, I think that the point is missed when we look a Cherilus's shortcomings. What we should focus on is why we continue to let this piss-poor excuse of a head coach ruin anymore players. All Talk Marinelli will come out and say that it's on him and he has to do a better job teaching these men, men of which he likes mind you. But there is way more evidence that Rod has put on tape showing he has no ability to teach and nurture young players. Name one young player that has gotten better under NimRod's tuteledge? Do you realize that there is not one single player that comes to mind?
Also, consider the way he has handled players. Kev Smith thinks he has lost the starting job and doesn't know why. Godser thinks he is working hard and doing well and doesn't know why he lost his job. Doesn't that sound like bad communication to you? Shouldn't Gosder be saying that coaches want me to work on my (fill in the blank) technique before worrying about starting again? Shouldn't the player have some idea of what he needs to work on? But NimRod has never been able communicate with his players. It's all in the tape.
NimRod needs to go, he is a terrible coach who looks to have lost his team.

Albert, I think, is injured.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:16 pm

The only thing I got from this thread is:

moochman wrote:This bozo needs to go.

;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:41 pm

This bozo needs to go.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Detroit Lions