When will Marshawn Lynch show up? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

When will Marshawn Lynch show up?

Moderator: Football Moderators

When will Marshawn Lynch show up?

Postby kemper5 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:26 pm

He's done OK, but not great. Went mid to late in alot of 1st rounds and is not showing much..Maybe 11-17 points weekly if lucky. To me he's been a 1st rd dissapointment due to low yardage and a dry run on TD's the last couple games vs Stl and AZ . Could we see a 900 yard rush, 8- 9 TD guy, but nothing special? I think we may..
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: When will Marshawn Lynch show up?

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:33 am

The thing that didn't go as it was hyped up to be was Lynch taking on a feature back role ie Steven Jackson and staying on the field 3 downs, well Fred Jackson is cutting into his value in PPR leagues quite a bit and his yardage totals haven't been as high as I thought either...I would still look to buy low on this guy if an owner was upset with him so far, feel like he still has alot of upside in a great offense that will look to run alot more as soon as it gets to snowing(fantasy playoff time).
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby PuntinFool » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:02 am

Considering where he was drafted (mid to late first rd) as well as some of the stock of other top 10 backs (Grant, Johnson, Addai) Lynch is still very steady and one can hardly argue he hasn't been producing. True, one could say he hasn't been producing *enough* as LS2 has mentioned Fred Jackson and his role. However, given the well-rounded offense and the likely positive attitude of the team's chances, Lynch is going to show up a little more in the coming weeks if he continues to get an average 19+ carries. Aside from the last two games, Lynch has been getting most of the rushing touchdowns (except 1 from FJ).

The Rams game was strange in that he didn't break 100 yards, but the last game against the Cardinals was obviously not going to happen with the way the birds blew them out. If Lynch should get 60+ yards and a TD or two this week he's par for the course, but if not, he *has* to make himself known during weeks 10-13. Go ahead and sell him if you don't want a part of that.

Lynch isn't flashy but sometimes you just need a running back to be steady to keep you in the race.
Retired (temporarily?) from fantasy football.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:43 am

He's had only one big game so far and that was week 3 but other than that he's been fairly consistent like the others have said. Next 6 weeks, he faces: MIA, NYJ, NE, CLE, KC & SF. So he should be in for more good games especially as the weather gets bad in Buffalo.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:27 am

From the S-jax thread via smackthefirst

smackthefirst wrote:Actually, I just realized everyone had already played their games. So barring any stat line corrections, here is your updated sheets with week 7 included. I'll double check before next weekend to make sure none of the stats updated. As expected, the results have changed dramatically.

I'll give my thoughts in a later post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the basic chart:

And here's a color coded version:
Green = Boom Week / Orange = Bust Week / White = Avg Week / Blue = Injured / Yellow = Bye Week

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some reason, I can't get the whole images to appear, but there are averages and totals on the right side of both images.

Lynch is averaging 8th. If I drafted him I wouldn't of expected anything better than that, I think 8th is solid for him.

With injuries (but not bye weeks) considered he has had fewer games with ten or less points (1) than 7 other of those "Top 12" backs. And has the same amount of games with less than or equal to ten points (again, 1) Which puts near the top in consistency.

His one game with less than or equal to ten points, was a game of nine.

Now while my FF theory doesn't agree that consistent backs win championships, it does agree with consistent backs who are within the top 10.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Cornfed » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:12 pm

I love the color coded version of that chart. Thanks for posting!
Cornfed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:38 pm

Cornfed wrote:I love the color coded version of that chart. Thanks for posting!

Once again, credit goes to smackthefirst for the charts ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smackthefirst » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:59 pm

I didn't want people to think aaawall was going insane so I had to drop in here real quick. I had to update the week 7 chart because of an error I made and wouldn't you know the error was in regards to Lynch. So here is the updated chart.

Green = Boom Week / Orange = Bust Week / White = Avg Week / Blue = Injured / Yellow = Bye Week

And with the correct stats, Lynch has jumped up to the number 6 RB and depending on the length of Bush's injury, he could quickly move up to the 5th RB. Of course, ADP is right on his heels as well.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:02 pm

:-D

Helps my argument that much, I was never high on Lynch, but his consistency and not having bad games is a solid up for him ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moonhead » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:07 pm

OP is stoned.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Next