Favre helped Lions prepare for the Packers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Favre helped Lions prepare for the Packers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favre helped Lions prepare for the Packers

Postby Santacruzer » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:49 am

If this is true, how bad will Brett's reputation be damaged??

From http://www.ProFootballTalk.com

FAVRE HELPED LIONS PREPARE FOR PACKERS
Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2008, 12:14 p.m. EDT

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

To the extent that any doubt remained regarding the status of the relationship between the Packers and former quarterback Brett Favre, it’s now completely gone.

Per Jay Glazer of FOX, Favre spent 60-to-90 minutes before the Week Two game between the Lions and the Packers educating the Detroit coaching staff regarding the Packers’ offensive strategies.

Did we say wow?

Glazer says that Favre initially called former CEO Matt Millen, who then put Favre in touch with the coaches.

In our view, Brett’s legacy with the Packers has officially been forever stained, if not completely destroyed – unless Favre immediately denies the report, and unless people believe it.

Wow.

The next question is whether and to what extent Favre shared similar information with the Vikings (where his former position coach is the offensive coordinator) before Week One, or with the Seahawks (where his former head coach is the head coach) before Week Six.

If so, Brett’s advice didn’t work. The Packers won all three games.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Favre helped Lions prepare for the Packers

Postby dream_017 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:12 pm

What does that say about the Lions. They can't even keep it close when they know what's coming :-{
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:39 pm

I was like always a closet Favre fan. I mean this news kinda sux to hear. If this doesnt get denied by him and then turn out to just be a bunch of crap then i think it seriously tarnishes his reputation and legacy. If i was a pack fan i would have a totally different out look about the guy. Thats just lame.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:44 am

Favre spent 60-to-90 minutes before the Week Two game between the Lions and the Packers educating the Detroit coaching staff regarding the Packers’ offensive strategies.

Wait, you mean the head coach who will not deny this happening respects the game so much that he did this? Isn't taking the low-road like that kind of cheap and dirty? Isn't that disrespecting all the coaches and players out there who are trying to practice and put it on tape and win just be being better than their opponants? Do you see what a hypocrit, if not flat out liar, NimRod is? And then when asked about it he refused to address it. A simple "I had nothing to do with it" would have sufficed. But he confirmed his guilt with his non-denial "I'm not going to comment on that". Integrity is something you never have to hide from NimRod the Clown. Not only will I now view you as a terrible coach, awful teacher, but now also as a dishonorable man. Bozo must go.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:35 am

moochman wrote:
Favre spent 60-to-90 minutes before the Week Two game between the Lions and the Packers educating the Detroit coaching staff regarding the Packers’ offensive strategies.

Wait, you mean the head coach who will not deny this happening respects the game so much that he did this? Isn't taking the low-road like that kind of cheap and dirty? Isn't that disrespecting all the coaches and players out there who are trying to practice and put it on tape and win just be being better than their opponants? Do you see what a hypocrit, if not flat out liar, NimRod is? And then when asked about it he refused to address it. A simple "I had nothing to do with it" would have sufficed. But he confirmed his guilt with his non-denial "I'm not going to comment on that". Integrity is something you never have to hide from NimRod the Clown. Not only will I now view you as a terrible coach, awful teacher, but now also as a dishonorable man. Bozo must go.

As much as I dislike NimRod, I'm not so sure I can call him dishonorable. He may have listened, but must not have used the information...they did get blown out ;-7 twice 8-o
All teams take an advantage if they can get it. I've read a couple different stories that teams pick up players just cut from an upcoming opponent just to get some idea of plays they will run and such. I have no problem with that. It is not like(from what I've read), that they went out looking for the info to pry from him, Favre called on his own. All they did was listen(although not very well - I could make more of these jokes but I think you get the picture). As far as terrible coach and teacher...go at it :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:45 am

dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:

As much as I dislike NimRod, I'm not so sure I can call him dishonorable. He may have listened, but must not have used the information...they did get blown out ;-7 twice 8-o
All teams take an advantage if they can get it. I've read a couple different stories that teams pick up players just cut from an upcoming opponent just to get some idea of plays they will run and such. I have no problem with that. It is not like(from what I've read), that they went out looking for the info to pry from him, Favre called on his own. All they did was listen(although not very well - I could make more of these jokes but I think you get the picture). As far as terrible coach and teacher...go at it :-b

Dream, you do realize that this bozo has spewed out garbage about not wanting to dishonor the game by giving up or playing Gosder over False Start. He talks nonesense about respecting and loving the game so much, but then doens't hesitate to talk to a player employed by another team who wants to give away secrets of the Packers. Is that honorable? Is that respectful? Shouldn't NimRod simply have told Brett we didn't need his help becuase we had a great week of practice and our pad level is good? The guys a clueless tunnel-visioned dolt. He doesn't get that his words have to be backed by his actions.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:40 am

moochman wrote:this bozo has spewed out garbage about not wanting to dishonor the game by giving up or playing Gosder over False Start.

I think as long as he had a great week of practice or his pad level was good, he would start over Foster ;-7

I see where you are coming from, I just see this protion of it a bit different. We can both agree that the bozo must go ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 pm

dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:this bozo has spewed out garbage about not wanting to dishonor the game by giving up or playing Gosder over False Start.

I think as long as he had a great week of practice or his pad level was good, he would start over Foster ;-7

I see where you are coming from, I just see this protion of it a bit different. We can both agree that the bozo must go ;-D

i still think even with a good practice and good pad level, you still have to watch the tape
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:53 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

i still think even with a good practice and good pad level, you still have to watch the tape

See, that is why I'm not the head coach of the Lions, I always forgte to look at the tape
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:34 pm

BOZO MUST GO!!
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Detroit Lions