Mid-season dead team, solution? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Mid-season dead team, solution?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Mid-season dead team, solution?

Postby Kilroy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:29 pm

I think it depends on the league, how it's set up (number of teams, divisions, etc.), it's members...lotta variables that can affect how best to handle each individual situation.

Long Story Short? Discuss it as a league and try to reach a consensus on how to deal with it. If they can't then you'll get the always enjoyable task of making the call (and quite possibly p*****g some people off).

Being a commish can be such fun sometimes. ;-7

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mid-season dead team, solution?

Postby mariners100 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:39 am

I think everyone has this problem year after year... My solution(s) would be to post their roster on a message board (like this one) and take a poll on who they would start, use weekly rankings to set the roster, or just let it go and whomever they have for the week they have.

The other alternative is to try to post the team on a message board and find someone to take it over. Even if its all local friends playing in the league, the new owner could e-mail the roster to you weekly.

Personally, I usually try to find a replacement owner first (saves me time in the long run), then post the roster on a message board to start weekly. I have also let the team go dead and not make chagnes to the starting lineup but that isn't as fun.
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner