MJD Time to Shine and Trade for? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MJD Time to Shine and Trade for?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: MJD Time to Shine and Trade for?

Postby Guru13 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:33 pm

I'm torn. His Fantasy Playoff schedule is awesome, GB and Indy's Rush D are terrible, so he could very potentially have great games there, especially if Freddy breaks out his fragile side. I have the depth to grab him (I'd have Gore, Portis, Stewart and MJD...and if the WW transition goes through, I'd also have Green-Ellis), I'm thinking of doing LenDale straight up and see what happens. Problem is, as mentioned, that he's very inconsistent and in the Playoffs, you can't have inconsistency. :-? :-[ :-°
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:06 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I'm torn. His Fantasy Playoff schedule is awesome, GB and Indy's Rush D are terrible, so he could very potentially have great games there, especially if Freddy breaks out his fragile side. I have the depth to grab him (I'd have Gore, Portis, Stewart and MJD...and if the WW transition goes through, I'd also have Green-Ellis), I'm thinking of doing LenDale straight up and see what happens. Problem is, as mentioned, that he's very inconsistent and in the Playoffs, you can't have inconsistency. :-? :-[ :-°

That's the key thing, you want as much of a sure thing as you can get those weeks, and even with MJD he gives you highs and lows, next year I expect more consistency as Freddy starts to decline even more so but for all we know those great weeks on paper could end up leaving Fred Taylor the Rb who explodes, you just don't know...I'd rather gamble for the Joseph Addai's, somebody who has a weak schedule and if healthy get's the lions share of carries.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mikus » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:05 am

Interesting that this came up on RotoWorld this morning:

Fred Taylor admits that Maurice Jones-Drew's "time has come," but Taylor says he's not backing down from the challenge.

"I've always felt like the team was going to take the training wheels off [Drew] eventually," Taylor said. "... I'm going to go out and contribute to try to help this team the best I can, whether it's in a starting role or as a backup." To be clear, the Jags haven't announced a change in pecking order, but we're speculating that MJD could receive more consistent carries going forward. Dynasty leaguers especially should note that the Jags envision MJD as a feature back in the post-Taylor era.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Previous

Return to Football Talk