"accidental" trade accept - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

"accidental" trade accept

Moderator: Football Moderators

"accidental" trade accept

Postby bigtallS19 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:00 pm

I am the commish of my league of 12 friends and proposed the trade of LT and Ben R for Matt Forte and Michael Turner. The guy accepted it then sends an e-mail saying I was drunk, don't approve it. This has happened in the past and I left it up to the manager who proposed it to say whether or not to approve it or deny. Any thoughts on how i should handle this?
bigtallS19
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: "accidental" trade accept

Postby grover99 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:02 pm

I wouldn't do anything. I guess being drunk has its side effects, who would have guessed it. :-b
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby shagworth » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:43 pm

I'll say this. I was at the bar last week and a friend in my league texted me to let me know he just proposed a trade. I checked the trade out on my phone, thought about pulling the trigger, but decided to wait until the next morning to look at it sober. It ended up being a good trade for both teams, but the fact is that you have to show discretion when trading.

I like your answer of letting the other owner decide whether to reverse the trade or not. As commisioner, I don't think YOU can veto it.
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bigtallS19 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:54 pm

I appreciate the input. Try getting the moron friends in my league to see it that way. Some of them are saying how it's the most unfair trade ever and that i should veto it, yet one time 2 seasons ago I did veto a trade and everyone went up in arms about it. So after seeing I was in the wrong for vetoing it, I only hit accept to every single trade regardless of whether or not I agree with it. Guess it's a lose/lose situation.
bigtallS19
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby shagworth » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:59 pm

bigtallS19 wrote:I appreciate the input. Try getting the moron friends in my league to see it that way. Some of them are saying how it's the most unfair trade ever and that i should veto it, yet one time 2 seasons ago I did veto a trade and everyone went up in arms about it. So after seeing I was in the wrong for vetoing it, I only hit accept to every single trade regardless of whether or not I agree with it. Guess it's a lose/lose situation.

Yeah, your right. It's hard to make both sides happy in every situation. You just have to be as fair as can be.

Welcome to the Cafe BTW. ;-D
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:51 pm

Let it go, drunk needs to learn a lesson. The only thing that would make me consider a veto is if drunk guy accepted a deal like MB3/Fitz/Cutler for Croyle/Dunn/Javon. INtegrity of the league comes in to play at the extreme end of things.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dupree » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:43 pm

Two words: Personal responsibility.

If the owner that made the offer feels bad and agrees then veto it (don't really agree but it makes it look like you tried) otherwise there is nothing to be done.
dupree
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby iwonmyleague.com » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:32 pm

I agree to an extent with what people have said but I also like to see the other side of things. depending on teh software or site used to manage the league he should have been able to cancel the trade. If the site or software doesn't allow for it I still think provided the other person didn't accept he should be able to rescind his offer...much like any contract prior to being signed.
iwonmyleague.com
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dupree » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:19 pm

iwonmyleague.com wrote:I agree to an extent with what people have said but I also like to see the other side of things. depending on teh software or site used to manage the league he should have been able to cancel the trade. If the site or software doesn't allow for it I still think provided the other person didn't accept he should be able to rescind his offer...much like any contract prior to being signed.

I think the point is that the trade was accepted (by the drunk guy) otherwise, like you say, there is nothing for the commish to do, every site I have seen allows you to cancel "Unaccepted" trades.
dupree
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ABA316 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:08 am

If it had never happened before I'd say take it back, but if there is precedent then uphold it.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner