Y! trade review - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Y! trade review

Moderator: Football Moderators

Y! trade review

Postby grover99 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:04 pm

Does anybody know how the Y! football trade review works? I am in a custom league(brad evans blog league), and a trade was just rejected. It seemed more fair than a few of the trades that have gone through. I am not involved in the trade, I just want to figure out how they decide to reject trades.
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Y! trade review

Postby DTMan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:57 pm

This should be easy to check on your league's site. I haven't used Yahoo! in a couple years but something like League --> Rules --> Settings or something should do it. Unless your commissioner did something weird, it's probably either "league vote" or "commissioner veto only" and it sounds like yours was probably unilaterally vetoed by your commish (it doesn't sound like your vote was solicited). Find out your league's setting and then you can find out why it was vetoed.
DTMan
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby grover99 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:39 am

I just found this on the Y! site:

Once any trade offer is accepted, the entire league will be notified so that all managers will have an opportunity to review the deal.

If a manager feels that the deal is unfair, he/she can lodge an official protest with the Fantasy Football PLUS League Office. Every protest, which must contain a description of why the protesting manager feels the trade should be vetoed, will be reviewed by a member of the Yahoo! Sports staff. Any protest without a legitimate reason will be ignored.

In a Public League, all managers will have two days to protest a trade to the League Office. In a Custom League, the league commissioner can set the review period to be anywhere between one and seven days.

If the League Office, in its sole discretion, determines that a protested trade is fair, the protest will be denied. If, however, the trade is clearly a product of collusion or is so one-sided that it is deemed to be unfair to the rest of the league, it will be overturned.

It isn't the purpose of the League Office to prevent managers from making unwise trades, but rather to simply ensure that all managers in a league are competing on a level and fair playing field.

All decisions (of the Yahoo! League Office or the league commissioner) on trade protests are final, and no completed and approved trade will ever be reversed. Additionally, please note that we will never re-examine and approve a vetoed trade.

Commissioners of Custom Leagues may opt to assume control of the trade review process or leave trade review in the hands of the league's managers. If either option is selected, the Yahoo! League Office will not be involved in reviewing pending trades. If League Votes is selected, trades will be vetoed automatically if 1/3 of managers within the league protest the trade. The number of teams needed is always rounded up, so in a 10-team league, four protests are required for a veto.

Has anybody else had a trade in their league vetoed with this process?
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:28 pm

Woah, I've never even heard of that...although unfortunately for you, it sounds like there isn't that much you can do, because I'm sure even the commish wouldn't have authority over the league office thing.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Commissioner's Corner