What are you guys going to do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

What are you guys going to do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What are you guys going to do?

Postby dream_017 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:41 am

Well, it looks like this week or at the latest the next home game will not be a sell-out. That means no Lions to watch on the tube. What will you be doing? Will they just be an after-thought as the scores are rolling during the game you are watching? Will you try to find a place to watch it (not sure if bars can even broadcast the games - been a long time since we've had a blackout). Listen to it on the radio? Go and do something productive?

Not sure what I would do, since I'm stuck watching this mess unfold. A group of my friends that also have tickets, have said that they are not re-newing for next year. They have been going as long as I have.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What are you guys going to do?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:10 pm

well, if i was Nimrod i would hitchhike 40 miles and then take a bus to the game, but i will probably just watch what ever other game is on TV or maybe do some yardwork
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:24 pm

I'm down by Cinci so I have to go watch at the bars anyway, hopefully I can still watch. As disappointing as it is watching the games its still something fun to do on sundays... plus its an excuse to knock back a couple beers in the middle of the afternoon :-b ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:53 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:well, if i was Nimrod i would hitchhike 40 miles and then take a bus to the game, but i will probably just watch what ever other game is on TV or maybe do some yardwork

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I will listen to it on the radio while I poke bamboo shoots into my eyelids. That way I can come close to the audio/visual nitemare that is Lions football.

Dream I feel so bad for you. When you renew your tix next season, can you trade up? Could be the combo of NimRodistic Lions football and terrible economy may help you snag some better seats if you wish to contiunue your Dream theater. Sorry to hear your friends are bailing.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:50 am

moochman wrote:
Dream I feel so bad for you. When you renew your tix next season, can you trade up? Could be the combo of NimRodistic Lions football and terrible economy may help you snag some better seats if you wish to contiunue your Dream theater. Sorry to hear your friends are bailing.

Not sure I made it very clear, the other group of friends(8 or 9 tickets) have seats in another section. The group I go with (we have 4 tickets) are still coming back next year - although we haven't talked much about it. Maybe we'll talk at the game this weekend, it should be nice and quiet :-X In recent years I haven't even inquired about it because I like our seats. But, I think I am going to look into it for next year. Boy, do I hope they slash ticket prices O:-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:35 pm

Too bad that this week isnt last week cause last week i was in NY watching Buffalo beat down the Bolts.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LT Blue Colt » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:57 pm

I'll probably be watching up here in the north. But, as my past few Sundays have gone, I've watched the first half, :-C and went to find other things to do. Laundry, dishes, clean the garage.
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scrumtalecent » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:53 pm

It's official. It's blacked out with still 5,000 tickets left to sell. No 24 hour reprieve this time. What will I be doing? I don't know. If there's another game on, I'll watch that. If there's not, I'll probably listen to it on the radio while I do some yard work. I was hoping to watch a couple Cambell to Moss td's since I'm playing them this week, so maybe I'll get to hear it on the radio, preferably in the first quarter. I think this is going to be another ugly, ugly game. The Lions aren't going to be able to stop Portis. The man is going to go nuts on them. Are the Lions going to be the first team to intercept Campbell this year? I don't think so. Do they have anyone quick enough to cover Moss all game or a couple guys good enough to keep him double covered? I'm guessing at least one pass over 30 yards with no one within 10 yards of him. Am I still going to be able to count the number of points they've scored in the first quarter on NO HANDS? I don't know. Can they really go this long scoring no points in the first quarter? Can they really get down 21-0, 17-0, or 21-3 again? Maybe. Can they do all that and Miranelli still have his job? The sickening answer to that is yes.

Have fun whatever you guys decide to do.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby suhgamer » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Got a good friend in Maryland that as DirectTV and broadcasts the Red Zone channel each week, being a local Detroit league, he'll have that game up for us to watch. :)
suhgamer
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:09 pm

i went to the Apple Orchard...still tortured myself by listening to it on the radio on the way there and back
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Detroit Lions