killiansjmd wrote:I hate to over react based on one game but here are some of my thoughts following the horrible performance in Oakland:
1. No receivers - Coles, Cotchery, Stuckey and Smith = marginal at best
2. Can Baker not fall down? That was ridiculous
3. Play calling was quite puzzling (Mangini and Brian Schott are overrated!)
4. They need one yr to draft playmakers, with Brett under center
5. No pressure on the QB whatsoever
6. Vernon Gholston is a Ghost!!! (I wanted him in the draft but he has done nothing so far!)
7. Eric Smith and Abram Elam both suck
8. O-line has not done a great job of protecting Favre either.
Now this week they will look great because they play the Chiefs. It's still early but playoffs teams win those games in Oakland. They need to blow teams away early and not let them think they can play with them like Arizona.
1. I agree. I was extremely high on Cotchery coming into the year, thinking he was going to be like Jennings when Favre was on Green Bay.
2. Why is Baker even in there? Keller anyone?
3. We finally have a QB who can air it out and yet we're still playing as if we have Chad back there.
4. I agree 100%. I thought Cotchery was going to be that playmaker this year, but guess not.
5. This is the one thing that I thought we would have addressed. We NEED to pressure the QB or any QB will pick us apart.
6. Where is this guy? I thought he was going to be the one guy we needed to get pressure on the QB. I really had high hopes for this guy, but right now, I don't know about him.
8. Favre is getting no time at all, but I have to give some credit to the O-Line. Jones has had a few good games the past couple of weeks.
A win next week and all is forgotten.