Thoughts on the Jets... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Thoughts on the Jets...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Thoughts on the Jets...

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:29 am

Dawinner127 wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:Great road win last night. Unfortunately I had to work and was only able to catch bit and pieces of the game.

I hope the Titans are still undefeated when we meet them next weekend!

At first, I was really hoping that the Titans were undefeated next week when we play them, but after thinking about it, if the Jags beat the Titans this week, and we beat the Titans next week, we'd be 1 game back from first in the Conference WITH the tie breaker over the Titans.

Good point but unfortunately the Titans came back from a halftime defecit and beat the Jags.

Peter King is giving the Jets no shot in his recent column today. Love it! I hope everyone picks against the Jets this weekend. It will not be easy but I think we have a decent shot to beat them. Team confidence is very high and the offense has been clicking finally. Plus I think our defense matches up very well with their offense.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:05 pm

killiansjmd wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:Great road win last night. Unfortunately I had to work and was only able to catch bit and pieces of the game.

I hope the Titans are still undefeated when we meet them next weekend!

At first, I was really hoping that the Titans were undefeated next week when we play them, but after thinking about it, if the Jags beat the Titans this week, and we beat the Titans next week, we'd be 1 game back from first in the Conference WITH the tie breaker over the Titans.

Good point but unfortunately the Titans came back from a halftime defecit and beat the Jags.

Peter King is giving the Jets no shot in his recent column today. Love it! I hope everyone picks against the Jets this weekend. It will not be easy but I think we have a decent shot to beat them. Team confidence is very high and the offense has been clicking finally. Plus I think our defense matches up very well with their offense.

Yeah, what a terrible game. Jags couldn't hold on to it :-t. Honestly, if we beat the Titans on this upcoming Sunday, it looks very promising that the Jets could win out (Denver, Miami and Buffalo [all home] and then Seattle and San Fran, all very winnable games)
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:15 am

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS

I can't wait for tomorrows game! Time to end the Titans dream of an undefeated season.
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:31 pm

They ain't 10-0 no more ;-D Great win by the Jets today. Leon is just being Leon, making HUGE plays and breaking the game open when we need it. Jets ground game has looked great the past few weeks, lets keep that up and our offense is going to be rollin' the way it is.
Next week is the huge game. If Denver beats Oakland today the Broncos will be 1 game back from us and I would really like the tie-breaker over them so if we do end up in a tie with them, we'll have the tie-breaker.
Let's go Jets!!
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:04 pm

Amazing turn around for this team based on where they were one month ago and losing to the Raiders. They dominated yesterday. The Titans could not move the ball on our defense and our offense moved the ball at will against one of the top ranked defenses in the league.

We need to take care of business and not have a let down against the Broncos this week after two very hard victories on the road!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:48 pm

We were in for some early season bumps while Brett Favre got acclamated to the system and developed a rapport with our WRs/playmakers. Honestly, I don't remember watching a Jets team as balanced and dangerous as the one that DOMINATED the titans last week. With the exception of the Giants, there is not a team in football that is as talented and deep as we are. Obviously, we NEED to avoid injury to certain players (Kris Jenkins comes to mind, he has an injury history and our defense is COMPLETELY different with him on the field), but I'm getting quite hopeful that this is a year we could make a run deep into January. There isn't a team in the AFC that frightens me (the steelers/colts/ravens/titans/pats are all solid, but we've beaten 2 of those teams and each one has question marks..). Go Jets!
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Previous

Return to New York Jets