No love for Lee Evans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

No love for Lee Evans

Moderator: Football Moderators

No love for Lee Evans

Postby uncabomb » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:54 pm

Through 6 games and a bye week, he has 521 yards and 3 td's. He's on pace for over 1200 yards and 7-8 td's. But for the last 2 years, everyone has complained about how he's a big let down and now that he's putting up consistent stats, there is no love for Lee Evans. I got love for Lee Evans, as long as Trent is at the helm.
uncabomb
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: No love for Lee Evans

Postby waterproof » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:09 pm

shhh. don't jinx him :-) :-o
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Lee Evans is playing some inspired ball. He's made some plays this year that he doesn't make the past few years. I think the guy has elevated himself into a position as one of the ten best WRs in football. He remains of one the best deep threats in the league, but now he is making some plays in tight coverage and tough catches as well. And with the way Trent Edwards has been playing, at least at an average to above average level for a starting QB, Lee Evans has a lot of opportunity to continue or even improve his production going forward.

I think the X-factor is James Hardy. If James Hardy gets in the lineup and starts making some noise, Lee Evans could potentially finish in the top3 WRs... Who cares that Hardy will potentially steal some looks in the redzone. The bottomline for me is that offense begets more offense. And more often than not, players on good offensive teams will score more fantasy points than players on poor offensive teams. Seems to me that right now Buffalo is missing one player on offense that can convert that extra first down or two a game they really need to be considered an efficient offense. For example, in Tampa Bay that guy has been 50year old Ike Hilliard the past couple of seasons. Right now,from what I've seen Buffalo is a real up and down on the offensive side of the ball right now. Not enough consistency.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Sgt. Apone » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:21 pm

I guess it's kind of like with Santana Moss, you kind of expect guys this talented to put up good fantasy numbers so when they finally do, most owners probably take it for granted, whereas a guy like Donnie Avery has a couple decent games and becomes almost over-hyped because nothing was expected of him
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Azrael » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:44 am

I have 2 thoughts on this.

1. Evans has lived and died on 3 or 4 catches a game. If he gets a huge deep ball, he blows up. If not, good night.

2. I'm looking at what he's done and I say "wait a minute, this guy hasn't played a good pass defense yet". Then I look a little further and see that he's not going to. Yeah, a couple are ranked on the upper end here or there but that's overshadowed by the fact that their run D gets obliterated.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to Football Talk