Double The Pleasure?: Two Wr's From The Same Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Double The Pleasure?: Two Wr's From The Same Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Double The Pleasure?: Two Wr's From The Same Team

Postby AllDay » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:43 am

FFisLife wrote:However...as I'm writing this something crossed my mind...maybe because I'm a Cotchery owner I'm biased in his value a little bit? Maybe I think he's worth more than what he actually is? In fact, you are exactly right... he was a 7th round draft pick, and so far he is playing like one. You know how we owners are though... we have the "My guy is worth more than your guy!" attitude. To prove my point here is the latest counter offer I just received...

Yeah, I'm totally guilty of that. I'm pretty impartial drafting - but when I got a guy he's the $@#&! I'm a little difficult to trade with because of it.

I'm starting to think this might not be such a bad trade after all. I get a must start guy and take away the need to contemplate the matchups every week. No more... "I knew I should have started _____" or "I had a feeling I should have started _____, but _____ had the better matchup." or the best one...."I would have won if I would have gone with my gut and not played the matchup!"

That's what trades are all about to me. Getting the elite players.

Royal was a nice grab off the wire and if he and Cotchery can get you a guy you is a proven star and a 1st rounder I'm jumping. You've already got Brandon Marshall and he is the most targeted WR in the league. That's really where you want your DEN WR production anyway. Royal's been a little dinged up as well. You have several reasons to sell high on Royal if you can get TO.

Who can you pick up off the ww to fill the empty roster space? You really have to add in your ability to fill the extra spot.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FFisLife » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:25 am

AllDay wrote:That's what trades are all about to me. Getting the elite players.

Royal was a nice grab off the wire and if he and Cotchery can get you a guy you is a proven star and a 1st rounder I'm jumping. You've already got Brandon Marshall and he is the most targeted WR in the league. That's really where you want your DEN WR production anyway. Royal's been a little dinged up as well. You have several reasons to sell high on Royal if you can get TO.

Who can you pick up off the ww to fill the empty roster space? You really have to add in your ability to fill the extra spot.

I went ahead and executed that trade and am confident in the decision. ;-D

As far as filling the roster spot goes I actually grabbed Jeff Garcia to possibly fill in for Rodgers next week when he plays Tenn (which is actually my fantasy DEF). My backup QB Delhomme is on a bye and I really haven't decided if I want to take a chance with Rodgers and that matchup. I am also contemplating keeping Garcia and dropping or trading Delomme depending on how Garcia does in the next couple weeks. He impressed the hell out of me last Sunday night and I have a feeling he might keep it up and be a better long term option than Delhomme.

When I make the decision about which QB to keep, I will go out and either trade one of my QB's for that replacement WR or pick up one off the ww. I see that a couple ww gems have appeared recently in Kellen Winslow, Donnie Avery, and Chris Chambers in the last 24 hours. Regardless, I will look for a guy that is getting a lot of targets whether or not he has a brand name.
QB ---- Rodgers
RB ---- SJAX, Jones-Drew
W/T -- T.O., Wayne, Fitzgerald, Marshall
K ------ Elam
Def ----Tenn

8 Team PPR League
Starters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 W/T, 1 K, 1 DEF
FFisLife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FFisLife » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:45 am

To answer my own question of if two wide receivers are double the pleasure, I have concluded that having two wr's from the same team is probably not a good idea unless it's a rare case like Boldin and Fitz. Even then it can still hurt you if the Cardinals have a bad game. I think it's smarter to spread the risk in my opinion. Thanks to everyone that contributed.
QB ---- Rodgers
RB ---- SJAX, Jones-Drew
W/T -- T.O., Wayne, Fitzgerald, Marshall
K ------ Elam
Def ----Tenn

8 Team PPR League
Starters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 W/T, 1 K, 1 DEF
FFisLife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Previous