Oh no. Not Rattay!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Oh no. Not Rattay!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Oh no. Not Rattay!?!

Postby Santacruzer » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Say it isn't so. This just confirms what WE all know - Drew Stanton is a bust.

Lions work out QB Tim Rattay
by Tom Kowalski
Tuesday October 21, 2008, 6:13 PM

The Detroit Lions have confirmed that quarterback Tim Rattay was at Allen Park today for a workout. It's not unusual for NFL clubs to bring in free agents on Tuesdays to compile their "short list'' in case of future injuries. A signing is not imminent.

Rattay, an eight-year veteran who has 18 career starts, was with the Arizona Cardinals in 2007. Over his career, Rattay has completed 60.5 percent of his passes, has thrown 31 touchdowns and 23 interceptions and has a passer efficiency rating of 81.9.

It's possible that the Lions could eventually add a veteran quarterback to their roster because No. 3 QB Drew Henson still has practice squad eligibility.

Keeping tabs on former Lions -- tackle Jonathan Scott worked out for the Houston Texans today while safety Terrance Holt worked out for the Seattle Seahawks.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Oh no. Not Rattay!?!

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:25 am

Santacruzer wrote:Rattay, an eight-year veteran who has 18 career starts

2 1/4 starts per year. I guess that is better than what we currently have on the roster :-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby moochman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:48 am

dream_017 wrote:

2 1/4 starts per year. I guess that is better than what we currently have on the roster :-o

Well played. ;-D

I don't see why the 9ers don't hire him back. They have a new head coach and Martz could do wonders with a guy with Rattay's arm. JTO (Just Turn Overs?) isn't doing it, so why not.
If the Lions sign him it could signal that Stanton is sucking in practice. Though that couldn't be since the Lions are the best practicing team in the history of the world. Only in NimRod's world does practice make poo-poo.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:44 am

moochman wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

Well played. ;-D

I don't see why the 9ers don't hire him back. They have a new head coach and Martz could do wonders with a guy with Rattay's arm. JTO (Just Turn Overs?) isn't doing it, so why not.
If the Lions sign him it could signal that Stanton is sucking in practice. Though that couldn't be since the Lions are the best practicing team in the history of the world. Only in NimRod's world does practice make poo-poo.

I'm wondering if it is just more for back-up. Maybe they have made their mind up about the Big 'O' and they feel more comfortable with Rattay than 'O' or Henson behind Stanton. I could be wrong too and maybe we don't have a QB on the team :-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:32 pm

They have brought in a bunch of people this year for work outs, and thats it. I doubt they would sign him. I mean what would be the purpose??
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Detroit Lions