Shock's Week 8 Booms and Busts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shock's Week 8 Booms and Busts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shock's Week 8 Booms and Busts

Postby Shock6822 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:23 am

22 wins, 2 ties, 7 losses last week...I'll be thrilled with that every week. Let's see if I'm the Tennessee Titans or the Detroit Bengals this week (ha).

BOOMS

QUARTERBACKS

Donovan Mcnabb. Coming off a bye, at home, playing a bad pass D. Dig it. 250 yds, 2 TD.

Jake Delhomme. The Cards have struggled against the pass recently, and Delhomme rebounded last week after that poor showing 2 weeks ago. 250 yds, 2 TD.

JT O'Sullivan. Can't believe I'm doing this, but he threw well against them last time they played. And they're worse than before. Expect turnovers though. 275 yds, 2 TD, 2 turnovers.

Matt Schaub. The Benglols don't allow a ton of yardage, but they do allow the TDs. 250 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT.

WIDE RECEIVERS

Santana Moss. The hardest guy to predict, but I'll say he does well against the Lions. Not a huge reach huh. 5 rec, 60 yds, 1 TD

Lee Evans. The man is usually a beast against Miami, and their pass D is still awful this year. 4 rec, 70 yds, 1 TD.

Josh Morgan. My Donnie Avery of this week. If he matches up against Jennings or plays the slot, he should be waving his hands at JTO quite frequently. 5 rec, 50 yds, 1 TD.

Antonio Bryant. Revenge factor, loltastic secondary, rapport with Jeth Garthia spells fun. 6 rec, 80 yds.

Malcolm Floyd. WR3 only please, but a good plug because I assume Chambers is out again? Disregard if Chambers is playing. I'm giving the Saints and Chargers the benefit of the doubt to get over jetlag. 4 rec, 60 yds.

Braylon Edwards. JAX's pass D isn't stellar, and Cleveland HAS to play better than what they've shown in every game save Week 6. 4 rec, 50 yds, 1 TD.

RUNNING BACKS

Clinton Portis. Washington said he was banged up a bit from all the carries last week, but oh boy...oh boy. 140 yds, 2 TD.

Thomas Jones. Pretty sure Appalachian State has a better run D than KC. 120 yds, 1 TD.

Ce-dui-c Benson. See what I did there? Unless Cincy falls down early, benson should see at least 18 touches. 70 yds, 1 TD.

Willis Mcgahknee. See what I did there? I can throw punches with the best of the corny jokers. Oakland's run D gave up 160+ yards to Thomas Jones last week, and despite his arthritic bones, Mcgahee has more talent. 120 yds.

Steve Slaton. He should watch Schaub flail around, get annoyed, and tote in for a score. 80 yds, 1 TD.

Lenwhale White. Indy's D has speed, but he should bowl them over for a score or 2. Give the man his twinkie. 40 yds, 2 TD.

TIGHT ENDS

Billy Miller. San Diego is weak versus the TE, and who knows what Shockey's situation is. 4 rec, 50 yds.

BUSTS

QUARTERBACKS

Peyton Meowning. I can't understand this guy, but I do know he's usually not stellar against Tennessee and the Titans D is ridiculous. He should be motivated in an MNF game and I can't ever advocate sitting Peyton Manning, but temper expectations. 275 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

David Garrard. Between Jones and Walker out and a surprisingly underrated Pass D with Cleveland, don't expect huge things. 225 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT.

Kurt Warner. East Coast road game factor? Who knows. The Panthers do have a good D and if Peppers is on, pressure on Warner isn't fun. 250 yds, 2 TD, 3 turnovers.

Matt Ryan. I don't know if people have inflated expectations with how well the Falcons are doing, but I'm not confident here. 225 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT.

WIDE RECEIVERS

Marvin Harrison. I totally whiffed on him last time, and frankly, he's totally unpredictable now. Still going with what I want to happen, and that is the Colts to get trashed ;) 4 rec, 50 yds

Jerricho Cotchery. KC has a good pass D, and apparently something's bothering him. 3 rec, 40 yds

Terrell 'Dis Ain't My Quarterback Man' Owens. Tampa Bay has a really extraordinary ability to lock down the #1 WR on a team. And Roy Williams #2 isn't a threat yet. 3 rec, 50 yds.

Derrick Mason. Mr. Mason, meet the best CB in the NFL. 2 rec, 30 yds.

RUNNING BACKS

Marion Barber. Tampa Bay STILL hasn't allowed a TD to opposing RBs. Wow. 80 yds.

Dominic Rhodes. Last week was your peak sir. This week, meet Mr. Haynesworth. 70 yds.

Darren Mcfadden/Justin Fargas. Terrell Suggs is gonna badmouth them all the way to squat for yardage. Mcfadden: 50 yds. Fargas: 50 yds

Mewelde Moore. This largely depends on FWP playing, but still. Good opposing run D. 60 yds.

TIGHT ENDS

Anthony Fasano. The Bills laugh in the face of your TE. 3 rec, 30 yds.

Heath Miller. Won't get much for yardage, don't imagine a score too likely. 3 rec, 30 yds.

That's it for now...good luck with your Week 8 matchups all! I know I'll need it with Cutler, Berrian, Bush out, and Cotchery/Boldin banged up :(
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shock's Week 8 Booms and Busts

Postby waterproof » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:02 pm

Shock6822 wrote:Kurt Warner. East Coast road game factor? Who knows. The Panthers do have a good D and if Peppers is on, pressure on Warner isn't fun. 250 yds, 2 TD, 3 turnovers.

This is a bust? I'd be happy with 250 yds and 2 TDs...
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye

Postby Sgt. Apone » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:56 pm

waterproof wrote:
Shock6822 wrote:Kurt Warner. East Coast road game factor? Who knows. The Panthers do have a good D and if Peppers is on, pressure on Warner isn't fun. 250 yds, 2 TD, 3 turnovers.

This is a bust? I'd be happy with 250 yds and 2 TDs...

sign me up for Busto-ville
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:12 pm

The matchup may not be great for Barber, but he will have plenty of opportunities to make plays with Romo out and Johnson looking to him in check downs against the Tampa 2 defense.

Also, the fact that he handles all the carries in the red zOne gives him a better than average chance of scoring against any defense.

24 carries 90 yards TD/ 4 catches 25 yards is my best guess. We shall see.
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:36 am

I would add Campbell to the QB's for BOOM. I think he's in for a big game against a horrible Lions defense.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:40 am

killiansjmd wrote:I would add Campbell to the QB's for BOOM. I think he's in for a big game against a horrible Lions defense.

Would you start him over Mcnabb(V ATL) this week?
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 am

killiansjmd wrote:I would add Campbell to the QB's for BOOM. I think he's in for a big game against a horrible Lions defense.

The QB playing against the Lions is always a very good play. QBs playing the Lions have the highest QB ratings, 120ish, in the league. While Portis should go for over 150 and a couple scores, Campbell will also toss a couple TDs. Cooley should score. He plays TE and the Lions still haven't figured out that TEs are pass eligible.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Shock6822 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 am

WINS

Jake Delhomme. Right on the money with the prediction...2 yards off.

Matt Schaub. Beastly day.

Santana Moss. Finally broke through with a big game after a couple lousy ones...that was a sick punt return TD too.

Lee Evans. No TD, but monster day in catches and yards.

Thomas Jones. Didn't get the yardage I wanted, but scored and had so-so yards.

Willis Mcgahee. Hey, he reached the endzone!

Steve Slaton. Took advantage of another soft matchup.

Lenwhale White. 2 TDs a day. Book it.

Billy Miller. Mark Campbell got the TE TD here, but still a big day with catches/yardage alone

Marvin Harrison. Nice clunker.

Terrell Owens. Wonder if he's gonna whine that he didn't get the TD?

Derrick Mason. Nailed.

Marion Barber. And Tampa Bay's rush D holds true in the redzone.

Fargas/Mcfadden. Holy fail. I didn't expect anything THIS bad.

Heath Miller. 50 yards. 2 more pts than what I guessed.

TIES

Donovan Mcnabb. He had 1 TD, not 2, but had the yardage.

Matt Ryan. Had 2 TDs, but also 2 picks.

Dominic Rhodes. Weird day...was mediocre in non-PPR, great in PPR.

LOSSES

JTO. Didn't see this coming. At least I got the turnover right? Razz

Josh Morgan. Meet an upset coach and a QB carousel.

Antonio Bryant. Where the heck did you go after the first quarter??

Braylon Edwards. Only 2 catches even though they had good yardage, no TD

Clinton Portis. How do you NOT score on the Lions?

Cedric Benson. I hereby declare no Bengals player shall ever be a boom again without a healthy Carson Palmer.

Peyton Manning. Ruin my prediction with your garbage TD. Scrub.

David Garrard. Where did all that yardage come from?

Kurt Warner. Never putting him in the bust again, especially with Boldin back. He may turn it over, but his yardage and lack of a run game makes up for it.

Jerricho Cotchery. Glad to be wrong on this one...he's on my fantasy team :p

Mewelde Moore. No FWP, but still a good day.

Anthony Fasano. Useless without the random TD, but he still caught it.

Overall: 17 wins, 3 ties, 12 busts. Definitely my worst week so far, but at least I had more wins than losses? Hope you all won your matchups, I won the ones I care about Wink
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Retet » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Hey Shock,

Just wanted to say that I've enjoyed your Boom/Bust posts and that you follow up with them each week. Good reads; I hope you continue with them.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk