NFL Stats Mistake Screwed Me Out of a Win - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

NFL Stats Mistake Screwed Me Out of a Win

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL Stats Mistake Screwed Me Out of a Win

Postby tjgorm » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:39 pm

I wound up tying this week. I played Jevon Kearse, whom I believe was incorrectly given 0 fantasy points vs the Chiefs. I have the game on tape and have watched this series a dozen times. With 44 seconds left in the 2nd quarter, NFL play-by-play recorded the next two plays as:

1-10-KC 48 (:44) (Shotgun) 11-D.Huard FUMBLES (Aborted) at KC 40, and recovers at KC 40. 11-D.Huard to KC 40 for no gain (92-A.Haynesworth).

3-18-KC 40 (:09) 11-D.Huard pass deep left to 88-T.Gonzalez to TEN 32 for 28 yards (24-C.Hope).

What really happened on 1st down was, bad snap to Huard in shotgun, Huard picked it up at the 38, and was solo tackled by Kearse at the 40. The announcers called it a sack, and I call it a sack, but even if by some rule the sack is negated by the bad snap, Kearse still had a solo tackle, not Haynesworth, giving me 1 point in my league and the win. BTW, I don't see how a bad snap would void the sack seeing how if Huard would have thrown it incomplete, I'm almost certain KC would get the ball at the original line of scrimmage (KC 48) and not where he recovered it (KC 38). The NFL stats person was obviously asleep during the end of the quarter, not only was this play screwed up, but no 2nd down play was recorded.

Kearse got screwed out of a sack and I got screwed out of a win. Is there any way to fix this sort of thing? I already emailed my league's commissioner and ESPN FF Help. Thanks!
tjgorm
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: NFL Stats Mistake Screwed Me Out of a Win

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:17 am

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

I'm going to move this to the game commentary/venting forum. I think you'll get more responses there. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:14 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

I'm going to move this to the game commentary/venting forum. I think you'll get more responses there. ;-D

Completely off topic, but Flots, I love that sig man. First time I have seen it. Sorry about this ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:42 am

I watched that game and saw that play. I also started the TEN DST, and lost out on a sack.

Sadly, your league should not do anything unless the NFL officially changes the stat ruling.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting