Early Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Early Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Early Draft

Postby terpfan » Thu Jul 25, 2002 6:07 pm

Hi everyone. I decided to get things rolling with an early 8 team, head to head draft I just did. Weakness, Strengths, Trade oppotunities?

The postions are: qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, rv/wr, wr/te, k, d
My team:
QB Dante Culpepper
RB Shaun Alexander
RB Corey Dillon
WR Derrick Mason
WR Troy Brown
WR/TE Johnie Morton
WR/RB Fred Taylor
TE Tony Gonzalez
K Ryan Longwell
D Pittsburgh
Bench Plaxico Burress, Garrison Hearst, David Sloan, Trent Green, Kordell Stewart, Jacquez Green, Bill Scroeder, James Allen

Whew. Thats a lot of players. Anyway I think its pretty good, but the other owners say it isn't. A guy who starts Bettis, Dunn, Gannon, Owens, Tim Brown, Rice, and Ismail says his team is better. I'm not crazy, am I?

I want to trade T-Gon for a reciever. Who should I expect to get in return? Is David Sloan capable of filling Gonzalez's void?

Thanks in advance
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:07 pm

oops. i forgot a few things. first, te should be listed as a position at the top. i also have cleveland's defense and matt stover if that matters.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby cwebb » Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:09 am

First, your team looks solid, your backs are better and should make up for the better receivers of the other team.

Trading Gonzalez? Sloan is a good player, but Gonzalez is so much better than the rest... you'd have to get a really good player but I wouldn't trade him all along.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:42 am

What if I could involve Tony in a trade to get a top 3 reciever like Marvin Harrison or Randy Moss?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby cwebb » Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:54 pm

That would be the only players that would make me consider such a trade, the other team wouldn't lose that much production-wise, because the dropoff at WR isn't that big, but if you look at the depth of your league, it might not be that easy to replace one of those guys, just like replacing Gonzalez is very hard to impossible.

Such a trade would definitely be fair, but not many guys like trading their #1 at a position (it could be their favorite player, too)
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:05 pm

good points. thanks for the advice. ive pretty much decided to keep gonzalez, but i will still listen to offers for a top tier reciever. one guy in our league was not at the draft and and the computer drafted moss for him. he hates moss and wants to trade him. his starting rbs are george and garner so maybe i could trade a back and another reciever for randy. wish me luck!
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:04 am

I see it the same way...your team looks really fine, just the WR-bench could be loaded up a little more.

But trading Gonzalez has to give you a real stud, otherwise I wouldnt do it!

Maybe just wait for some offers or simple for the wire, as especially the WR-position has many nice surprises left at the beginning of the season!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk