12th Round: Charger Defense

Play in a league where we start:

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 D

I'm a little worried about my second receiver. Right now I plan on starting Quadry Ismael in that spot. Hines Ward is still available. Would you keep Freeman and see what he can do in Philly, or dump him now and take Ward? All input will be appreciated.

Thanks.
rcbeards
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 13 ghosts » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:11 am

Let see you have fairly qb but I do like aaron brooke.

For your rb. seems good pick but fred taylor :-o ( I drafted him last year in my first round pick I never forgive him for not torn his groin, but fumble twice which cost my team to lose :-/ oh well. My sis- in - law drafted him in second round (risky but good pick)

WR. solid is Rod smith, a. freeman may be steal. good pick

T.E. beautiful pick. yes shockey ;-D

good kicker

not sure about defense. I know S.D. is strong against rush, but passing????

Good luck and hopefully you can trade or pick up from free agents
13 ghosts

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Big Robowski » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:16 am

I think you should have grabbed a receiver instead of Taylor; you already had two excellent backs, and Taylor is pure cancer. I would look to deal him off to another owner and get a receiver, or package a deal w/ Taylor and Freeman for a better receiver and a back up RB. As it is, I think this is a good looking team, barring any injuries.
The Big Robowski
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby rcbeards » Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:48 pm

I couldn't pass on Fred Taylor in the fifth round. If someone had taken him right in front of me, I was going to grab Ed McCaffrey. But, there he was. I was hoping Easy Ed would still be there on the way back down, but no such luck.
rcbeards
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Good job.

Postby trentvaughn » Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:35 pm

I think you drafted a GREAT team. There are plenty of good receivers that I'm sure aren't taken in your league. I see Peter Warrick and/or Michael Westbrook doing good things in Cincy. Watch their offense this year with Gus running it. He's not even the best Quarterback in the state, but behind a great o-line with Dillon in the backfield, this is a potent group.

I would also look towards Dez White as a nice little sleeper (although it may be too late now). Additionally, Santana Moss, Hines Ward (who is back), and Quincy Morgan (if Couch is healthy) will give you some possibilities. Good luck, but you should have a fun Fantasy Season.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby kashikis » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:06 pm

i think you did good with your draft but you should have grabbed a better reciever instead of fred taylor but that seems to be the consensus. i also think you grabbed shockey way too early i dont think tight ends should be taken that early especially when you were lacking at WR. dont get me wrong he was a great pick for TE hell i drafted him this year too but good job over all
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk