Rogers and Peyton going forward - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rogers and Peyton going forward

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rogers and Peyton going forward

Postby WeekSixteen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Going forward this year and subsequent years in keeper/dynasties leagues. How are we all feeling about Peyton Manning and Aaron Rogers. The Packers seem like a team on the rise, solid defense, a tough home field environment, Jennings is the real deal, Donald is old, but James Jones will step in. The Colts seem to have peaked and are in decline, Marvin is a shell going forward and Anthony may be able to fill those shoes.

It's tough to discount Peyton, his consistency 4000 yards and 30TDs every year mean you can plug him in and forget about it. Hes a man with a system who seems to be successful because he is so methodical versus pure talent (Carson Palmer) or smarts (Tom Brady). Missing so much practice time for Peyton seems to have thrown off his methodology in setting up for this season and is directly linked to the Colts decline this year IMO. Plus Manning has never been injured.

Aaron Rogers is still a wild card, and it's a tough call to say anything for sure given his limited history, but Aaron has shown he isn't afraid to run in some TDs, he already has a great connection with his WRs and hasn't thrown many interceptions in his first real season. Going forward how confident on a 1-10 scale would you be with Rogers versus Peyton on a 1-10 scale?

Is now the time to cash out on Peyton and jump on Rogers? I'm leaning that way but am wary of buying at the wrong time, Packers up, Colts down. History has shown us that Peyton is a rock.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rogers and Peyton going forward

Postby Popcynical » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:56 pm

Rodgers.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rogers and Peyton going forward

Postby yankeekd25 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Popcynical wrote:Rodgers.

I think I speak for Popcynical when I say "target the QB throwing to Greg Jennings"
yankeekd25
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk