Who do you like better LenDale or CJohnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who do you like better LenDale or CJohnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Who do you like better LenDale or CJohnson?

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:15 am

I'm probably going to start both of them this week because I'm unsure about SJAX playing this week.
Sea Dog Fan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fantasizing » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:09 pm

I don't think there's any question who the better back is. The YPC always tell that story. CJ is at 5.3 YPC (among the leagues' best), while Lendale is at 3.9 (not bad, but not great). But the bottom line is that CJ will not win your fantasy league if he doesn't score with more regular frequency. His 2 short yardage rushing TDs came when Lendale had to leave with equipment problems, so in essence, CJ gets 0 goaline carries, and thats a a concern. And I don't see that changing anytime soon unless Lendale really starts to struggle in short yardage situations.

You therefore can't just "hope" that CJ breaks a long way every now and then. That is such an improbable play.

But then again, goaline opportunities just don't happen very regularly in every game either, and there will be games where the team never gets the ball within the 10 yard line basically destroying Lendale's value in that case.

Thefore, they are both kinda risky plays in different ways.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:24 pm

fantasizing wrote:I don't think there's any question who the better back is. The YPC always tell that story. CJ is at 5.3 YPC (among the leagues' best), while Lendale is at 3.9 (not bad, but not great). But the bottom line is that CJ will not win your fantasy league if he doesn't score with more regular frequency. His 2 short yardage rushing TDs came when Lendale had to leave with equipment problems, so in essence, CJ gets 0 goaline carries, and thats a a concern. And I don't see that changing anytime soon unless Lendale really starts to struggle in short yardage situations.

You therefore can't just "hope" that CJ breaks a long way every now and then. That is such an improbable play.

But then again, goaline opportunities just don't happen very regularly in every game either, and there will be games where the team never gets the ball within the 10 yard line basically destroying Lendale's value in that case.

Thefore, they are both kinda risky plays in different ways.

You could take away all of CJ's rushing TD's and he would still be outscoring Lendale in my PPR league, and I don't get why you don't think he's not consistent., so far his output has been :

With the 6 pt game coming vs Baltimore, so consistency is not a problem, and regardless of whether or not he's the "goaline back" some guys act as if that's the only way to score TD's, he's been breaking off a long run ever since his first pre-season game, that doesn't seem like an improbably play anymore when it's happening with consistency...No he won't get 12 TD's but his numbers right now are higher then LT and he has just as much upside as anyone at RB, he's only going to get involved more and he's getting 20+ touches week in and out, I'll take my chances with him touching the ball that many times every week as a solid RB2.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:24 pm

CJ outgaining (as I type) LenDale 80 total yards to 14, but Fatty punches in 2 more.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby treat24 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:41 pm

Next year (2009 season) is the Whale's last on his contract and costs the Titans 530,000...

Anyone think the Tennessee re-signs him?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 pm

Azrael wrote:CJ outgaining (as I type) LenDale 80 total yards to 14, but Fatty punches in 2 more.

Jerome Bettis?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby 2ksports » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:26 am

bettis actually got yards
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:37 am

treat24 wrote:Next year (2009 season) is the Whale's last on his contract and costs the Titans 530,000...

Anyone think the Tennessee re-signs him?

I do, Fisher is a USC guy like Lendale and seemed like he has been excited to have him ever since he 'dropped' that far, I remember thinking he would of been a great fit in Pittsburgh late in the 1st for the style runner is and the style of football they play.

It was an interesting stat shown last nite that had Lendale and Reggie as the top scorers out of non kickers, knowing they were in the same backfield lets you know what USC puts out on the field.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:35 am

What we are seeing is something unprecedented. White has 10 scores in 7 games and the schedule is mostly in his favor. Guess what, if Johnson doesn't reach that ball over on his 16 yard TD run, Staypuft cashes in again. The dude is seriously going to run for about 700 yards and score 20+ times.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby fantasizing » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Azrael wrote:What we are seeing is something unprecedented. White has 10 scores in 7 games and the schedule is mostly in his favor. Guess what, if Johnson doesn't reach that ball over on his 16 yard TD run, Staypuft cashes in again. The dude is seriously going to run for about 700 yards and score 20+ times.

Johnson barely crossed the goaline on his TD. Otherwise, 1st and inches and Fatso cashes in his 3rd TD..... It is conceivable that Fatso could reach 20 TDs. ....remarkable.....
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk