Who do you like better LenDale or CJohnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who do you like better LenDale or CJohnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Who do you like better LenDale or CJohnson?

Postby foulballstrike3 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:41 pm

In a TD heavy league (1 pt per 20 yds), would you consider White a top tier #2 at the least?
foulballstrike3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattUTD20 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:57 pm

fantasizing wrote:
Azrael wrote:What we are seeing is something unprecedented. White has 10 scores in 7 games and the schedule is mostly in his favor. Guess what, if Johnson doesn't reach that ball over on his 16 yard TD run, Staypuft cashes in again. The dude is seriously going to run for about 700 yards and score 20+ times.

Johnson barely crossed the goaline on his TD. Otherwise, 1st and inches and Fatso cashes in his 3rd TD..... It is conceivable that Fatso could reach 20 TDs. ....remarkable.....

He is Marion Barber except fat and slow and completely one dimensional. So I guess he just gets a lot of TDs like Barber. You can't help but like Barber because he runs over people and makes people pay. You can't help but hate LandWhale because he is a leech on the ass of a great player. He makes me want to play only PPR leagues.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:02 am

mattUTD20 wrote:
He is Marion Barber except fat and slow and completely one dimensional. So I guess he just gets a lot of TDs like Barber. You can't help but like Barber because he runs over people and makes people pay. You can't help but hate LandWhale because he is a leech on the ass of a great player. He makes me want to play only PPR leagues.

That's why almost all of mine except for maybe 1 isn't PPR, and CJ is doing just fine for me so I don't have any real complaints.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Maris09 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:42 am

Basically LenDale's value is dependent on the Titans getting inside the 5 yard line. If they score other ways, or just get flat out stopped, then LenDale and his 10 carries for 13 yards is useless.

I'll take CJ and his yardage + the chance that he gets in the endzone.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:54 am

Maris09 wrote:Basically LenDale's value is dependent on the Titans getting inside the 5 yard line. If they score other ways, or just get flat out stopped, then LenDale and his 10 carries for 13 yards is useless.

that was my justification for dropping him back in week 4 or 5 :,-( but yeah, i'd rather have CJ for the reason you mentioned...i'd be scared as heck to be relying on him for a must win game to get into the playoffs or win a playoff game
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:24 pm

I have both on my team, but LenDale sits has sat on the bench behind Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, and Ronnie Brown the majority of the time. I like Johnson better, he gets more yards, gets a decent amount of rushing touchdowns, and he's a better pass catcher (he also lines up as a WR sometimes), which means he'll get more TD receptions. LenDale is only good at one thing, scoring touchdowns within the five yard line. I'll play both of them if there's a favorable matchup and if Ronnie Brown or Earnest Graham are playing against a tough D. There's no way I can sit Jackson when healthy.

I'm trying to trade LenDale right now, but everyone knows Chris Johnsons the guy in Tennessee.
Sea Dog Fan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby fantasizing » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:19 pm

Maris09 wrote:Basically LenDale's value is dependent on the Titans getting inside the 5 yard line. If they score other ways, or just get flat out stopped, then LenDale and his 10 carries for 13 yards is useless.

That's precisely it. The titans have been kinda lucky the last few weeks getting inside the 10 yard line on many occassions giving Fatso his TDs....but otherwise if they don't get that close, Fatso is completely useless. In fact, in the Monday night game, Johnson had almost all the carries between the 20s.

The situation is just like that of Bettis a few years back.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby chchelse » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 pm

fantasizing wrote:

That's precisely it. The titans have been kinda lucky the last few weeks getting inside the 10 yard line on many occassions giving Fatso his TDs....but otherwise if they don't get that close, Fatso is completely useless. In fact, in the Monday night game, Johnson had almost all the carries between the 20s.

The situation is just like that of Bettis a few years back.

I wonder if they purposely plan plays to get 1st downs inside the 5yd line knowing Lenwhale will plunge it in, as opposed to, going for the endzone which would be more heavily defended. Or another way of putting it, are defenses leaving an area undefended, lets say between the goal line and the 5yd line, to make sure a TD isn't scored, that Fisher is taking advantage of, knowing Lenwhale will get him the TD if they're that close. Just speculation, but Tenn. sure comes up just short a lot.....
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk