London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints.

Moderator: Football Moderators

London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints.

Postby Cyclone177 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:10 am

Well, I have been debating weather to start Phil Rivers over Warner, and after looking at the forecast for London on Sunday, it looks like a 50% chance of rain and fairly cold. After last years game looked like the Woodstock movie, I am going to stay away from Rivers, although I will be starting the Deuce. Should be a slugfest on the ground.

Insight?
Cyclone177
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 148
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Re: London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints.

Postby Slayer Rules » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:59 am

Cyclone177 wrote:Well, I have been debating weather to start Phil Rivers over Warner, and after looking at the forecast for London on Sunday, it looks like a 50% chance of rain and fairly cold. After last years game looked like the Woodstock movie, I am going to stay away from Rivers, although I will be starting the Deuce. Should be a slugfest on the ground.

Insight?


Yes - last year's game was ugly, but how does a "50% chance of rain" compare to the typhoon conditions of a year ago? It was dumping buckets from kickoff to the end of the game last year - I don't get the impression that was normal, average London weather.
Slayer Rules
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 630
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: South of Heaven

Re: London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints.

Postby Stelly » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:26 am

Hmmm...this makes me nervous about starting VJax this week. Might have to consider Ocho Stinko or Josh Morgan of waivers....
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1271
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 15 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints.

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:48 am

Slayer Rules wrote:
Cyclone177 wrote:Well, I have been debating weather to start Phil Rivers over Warner, and after looking at the forecast for London on Sunday, it looks like a 50% chance of rain and fairly cold. After last years game looked like the Woodstock movie, I am going to stay away from Rivers, although I will be starting the Deuce. Should be a slugfest on the ground.

Insight?


Yes - last year's game was ugly, but how does a "50% chance of rain" compare to the typhoon conditions of a year ago? It was dumping buckets from kickoff to the end of the game last year - I don't get the impression that was normal, average London weather.


If I remember correctly it wasn't so much the severity of the weather as it was how badly the field drained the water. I could be wrong though.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2934
Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints.

Postby waterproof » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:56 am

PMoneyTKE wrote:If I remember correctly it wasn't so much the severity of the weather as it was how badly the field drained the water. I could be wrong though.

I think it was a combination of both. Watch the weather and bet the under ;-D
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye
Posts: 698
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: running in circles

Re: London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints.

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:13 am

How sucky will it be when the Chargers hard luck ways continue. In a totally fruadulant AFC west the Bolts lose games due to Eddie Pipes err in judgement, LT's toe, and the greed of the league forcing teams to play across the pond in a potentially crappy conditions (as opposed to SD lovely weather or Saints dome setting) and then deal with the jet lag. If the Bolts don't make the playoffs they have a real beef with the poor way the league is being mis-led by the stodgey NFL FO.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints.

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:19 am

waterproof wrote:
PMoneyTKE wrote:If I remember correctly it wasn't so much the severity of the weather as it was how badly the field drained the water. I could be wrong though.

I think it was a combination of both. Watch the weather and bet the under ;-D


Way ahead of ya :-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2934
Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints.

Postby pfwygalways » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:31 am

This makes me feel better about starting the Chargers Def than I have all year.
12 team/6pts TD/1pt 25yds pass/1pt 10yd r/r
08-09 Champ: Defending my title
QB Cutler
WR R. White, Welker, S. Holmes, D. Hester
RB M. Turner, S. Slaton, D. Brown, L Betts, L Maroney
M. Bush
TE Shockey
K Gotskowski
Def: Dal. (platoon likely)
pfwygalways
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 293
Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints.

Postby Cyclone177 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Yep, I am rolling with Warner. I think with Boldin back he is going to shred the Panthers. They haven't faced anyone with the O that AZ has, and the Saints had nobody healthy last week, (Shockey, Bush, Colston) all banged up.
Cyclone177
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 148
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Re: London Rain = MudFest for Chargers\Saints.

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:25 pm

. Two of the top passing offenses in the league
. Two of the worst defenses in the league
. Must win game for both teams
. Different conferences
. Grudge match

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not benching anyone in this game. Could be a low scorer or it could turn into a slugfest 60+ pointer.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:09 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact