within my rights

Moderator: Football Moderators

within my rights

Postby AcesFull » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:48 am

So I had to veto a trade today here it is
Team A in first gets LT
Team B in last gets Jerricho Cotchery and Fred Taylor

My response to entire league....obviously a little agitated

"This trade will not be approved for the following reasons.

1. This is what trade #4 between these two teams, regardless
of players involved it becomes a bit fishy when two teams
trade this much with each other.

2. LT has been a disappointment after being a consensus top
pick however his value is still considerably better than
that of Cotchery and Taylor. They don't even combine to
score what LT scores.

3. This is a keeper league and this trade would be horrible
for next year as well.

LT should still command a descent price and this trade isn't
even close.
By the way gentlemen you have now raised the red flag so you
may as well not bother trying to rework this deal or any
deal between you because it will likely not go through me.
Sorry guys but you can't attempt to pass off such a deal
without consequences. "

They have since attempted to rework said deal to get it passed through and it is still bad. My gut says that they will just make it good enough to grease through if i let em. I wanna know am I wrong to simply deny these two any request after these shenanigans?
The Guru
Cutler, Schaub, Thigpen
Addai, Portis, Slaton, Rhodes, Ward
B Marshall, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, A. Bryant
Cooley, Boss
Prater
Dolphins, Vikings
AcesFull
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: within my rights

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:47 am

AcesFull wrote:So I had to veto a trade today here it is
Team A in first gets LT
Team B in last gets Jerricho Cotchery and Fred Taylor

My response to entire league....obviously a little agitated

"This trade will not be approved for the following reasons.

1. This is what trade #4 between these two teams, regardless
of players involved it becomes a bit fishy when two teams
trade this much with each other.

2. LT has been a disappointment after being a consensus top
pick however his value is still considerably better than
that of Cotchery and Taylor. They don't even combine to
score what LT scores.

3. This is a keeper league and this trade would be horrible
for next year as well.

LT should still command a descent price and this trade isn't
even close.
By the way gentlemen you have now raised the red flag so you
without consequences. "

They have since attempted to rework said deal to get it passed through and it is still bad. My gut says that they will just make it good enough to grease through if i let em. I wanna know am I wrong to simply deny these two any request after these shenanigans?

The response that you're going to get is also my opinion: trades should be vetoed for one reason, and one reason only...if cheating/collusion is suspected. A trade should never be vetoed just because it looks lopsided on paper. So if you think these 2 guys are cheating...you should veto. Otherwise...let it pass. It sounds like you think they're cheating/colluding so veto would be the way to go. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby ABA316 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:36 am

I'd only be able to say collusion if I knew some of the other trades these 2 teams have done.

It's not unusual for 2 teams to trade a lot with each other in and of itself..it happens and is not collusive unless one team is routinely hosing the other. In that case that may be another story.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby padrino990_200 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:30 am

i think you are totally out of bounds. as said above trades should only be vetoed if you can prove collusion. not if you dont think the trade is fair or are just jealous, whatever the case may be. and its not uncommon for people to become comfortable with each other and make trades with the same people, in fact its quite common. if i was in your league i would be pissed that you are trying to control everyones teams, or at least thats how it appears.

if i were you i would put the trade through, and apologize to the two owners. in my leagues you would have a riot on your hands.

and also, saying this "By the way gentlemen you have now raised the red flag so you
without consequences. " thats just being a dick. get off your power trip and run your league right.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:58 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:The response that you're going to get is also my opinion: trades should be vetoed for one reason, and one reason only...if cheating/collusion is suspected. A trade should never be vetoed just because it looks lopsided on paper. So if you think these 2 guys are cheating...you should veto. Otherwise...let it pass. It sounds like you think they're cheating/colluding so veto would be the way to go. Good luck! ;-D

I agree with the first part, but I disagree on the count of doing it because HE thinks they are cheating. If an OVERWHELMING league sentiment agrees, then I think you would be within your rights to veto the trade. As things stand now, this is a supreme abuse of power and you should be keeping your hands off the deals. In all reality, LT has 1.5 good years left and Cotchery might be a big long-term target for this guy at the WR position. Just because you don't agree with a deal or see it as fair through your own personal lens, doesn't make it collusive. It is a bit uneven on paper, but there is nothing you can do IMO...

Also, I completely agree with the other guy about comfort in trading with other people. Some people are more open to trades and are willing to mix it up more than others. Scenarios (like covering bye weeks and injuries) come up all the time and trading is a great and viable way to solve those problems. If there are just 4 trades and nothing inherently crooked about them, then that is not a piece of evidence against these owners, it is simply a fact of the matter.

IMO, you should leave these guys alone an let them trade to "improve" their teams however they see fit - hope this helps ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:30 pm

People often develop trading partners who they like working deals with. Look at the other 3 trades. If the team getting LT was a clear beneficiary in all of those deals, then it's probably collusion and you should veto. Otherwise, you need to look into it more before you determine they are cheating just based on the fact that they are trading a lot with each other.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby padrino990_200 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:45 am

so what did you end up doing?
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:19 pm

that's bad commishing...
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby padrino990_200 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:21 pm

see now he wont respond cause no one agreed with him. hopefully he realized he was way out of line.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:41 pm

padrino990_200 wrote:see now he wont respond cause no one agreed with him. hopefully he realized he was way out of line.

LOL, how true :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner