within my rights - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

within my rights

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: within my rights

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:27 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:The response that you're going to get is also my opinion: trades should be vetoed for one reason, and one reason only...if cheating/collusion is suspected. A trade should never be vetoed just because it looks lopsided on paper. So if you think these 2 guys are cheating...you should veto. Otherwise...let it pass. It sounds like you think they're cheating/colluding so veto would be the way to go. Good luck! ;-D

I agree with the first part, but I disagree on the count of doing it because HE thinks they are cheating. If an OVERWHELMING league sentiment agrees, then I think you would be within your rights to veto the trade.

Agreed, but how do you prove collusion? Unless it's just 100% obvious like the last place guy trading 2 studs to the 1st place guy for 2 scrubs...collusion is very difficult (if not impossible) to prove. I agree with you though. A trade shouldn't be vetoed just because the commish thinks they are cheating (bad wording on my part :-/ ). But if the entire league thinks something is fishy... ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: within my rights

Postby TheMaizeAndBlue » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:47 pm

I'm the commish in my league, and the way I see it, if you suspect collusion, talk to both parties involved and ask them their reasons for making the deal. If they can't give you any reason why the traded LT away, and you suspect collusion, I don't really have a problem with it. But I personally would put it to a vote for the rest of the league. excluding you and the 2 parties involved, because they are obviously biased, and you as commish have already made up your mind. If the rest of the league agrees it's collusion then you veto, otherwise, i suggest a laissez faire policy as commish.
TheMaizeAndBlue
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner