Posting a link? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Posting a link?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Posting a link?

Postby diablo99 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:08 am

How do you post a link on a reply when you answer someone else's topic so i can get help on my questions. This would be a help to me so that i can some help on my own questions. Thanks
“You be the Magic Man, and I’ll be El Diablo.” “What’s that mean?” “I think it’s spanish for fighting chicken.”
diablo99
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Posting a link?

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:32 pm

If you just copy-paste the URL of the page you want them to click on, then it will automatically change the format to a link for you. If you want to get all fancy, you can hyperlink a word to your URL with the buttons above the text entry field, but the first way works just fine in most cases...

Hope this helps ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Posting a link?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:44 am

diablo99 wrote:How do you post a link on a reply when you answer someone else's topic so i can get help on my questions. This would be a help to me so that i can some help on my own questions. Thanks

WaCoug covered it. Here's another post on the subject:

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
bwheezy55 wrote:what i see from others is to copy and pate where the question mark is but i tried that numerous times with no avail

someone out there has to know where are all those moderators when you need them

You rang? :-b

You answered the question. You have to copy the entire web address (http://..etc.), and then paste it into your post...like this:

viewtopic.php?t=415509

That's the link to this thread. Here's another thread on the subject:

viewtopic.php?t=408520

I hope that helps. Post if you still have problems. ;-D

PS: Press "quote" on my post and you'll see what they look like when you're writing a post. ;-D

;-D

Let me know if that doesn't help. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to Beginner's Forum