So, lions and Bengals #1 and #2 pick next April then? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So, lions and Bengals #1 and #2 pick next April then?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: So, lions and Bengals #1 and #2 pick next April then?

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:05 am

Popcynical wrote:If the Lions don't draft a QB or olineman with that first pick next year, well they'd be idiots. In fact, they should be drafting both of those in the first round: preferably a possible franchise QB with their top five pick, and the best available offensive lineman with the pick they got for Roy.

Matt Stafford if he comes out ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dmacblue » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:12 pm

Well I'm sure Stafford will be there for the Lions if they want him; cos if Bengals are #1 they wont be taking a QB.

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:33 pm

aside from WR...QB is the last position i want them to use the #1 on
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:47 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:aside from WR...QB is the last position i want them to use the #1 on

;-D ;-D

There are waaaayyyyyy many more positions that the Lions need help than QB. You could put Manning, Brees, Rivers, Namath, Aikman, Montana back there and they would do nothing. When you have .3 seconds to drop back and get the ball away before a DL or LB is in your face, not much you can do and you won't win many games either. The Lions need lineman...and on both sides of the ball, way before they need a QB. If they don't draft only OL, DL and LB, I will be very upset
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:59 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:aside from WR...QB is the last position i want them to use the #1 on

;-D ;-D

There are waaaayyyyyy many more positions that the Lions need help than QB. You could put Manning, Brees, Rivers, Namath, Aikman, Montana back there and they would do nothing. When you have .3 seconds to drop back and get the ball away before a DL or LB is in your face, not much you can do and you won't win many games either. The Lions need lineman...and on both sides of the ball, way before they need a QB. If they don't draft only OL, DL and LB, I will be very upset

That is a great way to totally rebuild a team, which is what they need to do IMO ;-D

I was just saying if they want a QB, Stafford should be the guy
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:32 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I'd like Stanton getting a chance before they bail on him and draft a high priced-QB.

If that's how you feel, they should give him a chance now. If it turns out he's no good, they should know that by the time the draft rolls around, especially if Stafford declares.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dmacblue » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:36 pm

dream_017 wrote:

;-D ;-D

I agree 100% Dream, and for 'Lions' you could also read 'Bengals' cos our needs our exactly the same. It all starts and ends with the big guys in the trenches.

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:02 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:I'd like Stanton getting a chance before they bail on him and draft a high priced-QB.

If that's how you feel, they should give him a chance now. If it turns out he's no good, they should know that by the time the draft rolls around, especially if Stafford declares.

I agree with you. Not sure why we hasn't got a shot yet, but alot of things in Mo-Town don't make sense to me.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 pm

dream_017 wrote:

;-D ;-D

With a pair of first rounders, I think taking a lineman and a QB wouldn't be a terrible idea. If you can get Stafford, I'd grab him, because you don't know when you'll be able to get a guy like that in the future. I know that he won't be able to do anything without a line, but he doesn't need to start right away. Just get him on your team and then a year down the road when you've used a couple picks this year and maybe a pick or 2 next year on linemen, then you start him.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dream_017 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:32 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

;-D ;-D

With a pair of first rounders, I think taking a lineman and a QB wouldn't be a terrible idea. If you can get Stafford, I'd grab him, because you don't know when you'll be able to get a guy like that in the future. I know that he won't be able to do anything without a line, but he doesn't need to start right away. Just get him on your team and then a year down the road when you've used a couple picks this year and maybe a pick or 2 next year on linemen, then you start him.

There will always be QBs out there. Just like in Fantasy football, you can always find a decent QB later in the draft, whether it is late 1st round or beyond. Until they get a O-line that can open a hole or protect the QB, they will continue to get a high draft picks.

Besides maybe we should draft a QB in the first round, we have had pretty good success at that too:
Joey Harrington
Andre Ware
Chuck Long
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk