So, lions and Bengals #1 and #2 pick next April then? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So, lions and Bengals #1 and #2 pick next April then?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: So, lions and Bengals #1 and #2 pick next April then?

Postby Metroid » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:00 am

It's as hard to go defeated as it is to go undefeated...just ask last years Dolphins. :-B

Seriously though both of them will probably accidentally win a game somewhere....well maybe not the Lions. :-D

San Francisco looks like they want to get in the mix too. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:57 pm

dream_017 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
dream_017 wrote: ;-D ;-D

There are waaaayyyyyy many more positions that the Lions need help than QB. You could put Manning, Brees, Rivers, Namath, Aikman, Montana back there and they would do nothing. When you have .3 seconds to drop back and get the ball away before a DL or LB is in your face, not much you can do and you won't win many games either. The Lions need lineman...and on both sides of the ball, way before they need a QB. If they don't draft only OL, DL and LB, I will be very upset

With a pair of first rounders, I think taking a lineman and a QB wouldn't be a terrible idea. If you can get Stafford, I'd grab him, because you don't know when you'll be able to get a guy like that in the future. I know that he won't be able to do anything without a line, but he doesn't need to start right away. Just get him on your team and then a year down the road when you've used a couple picks this year and maybe a pick or 2 next year on linemen, then you start him.

There will always be QBs out there. Just like in Fantasy football, you can always find a decent QB later in the draft, whether it is late 1st round or beyond. Until they get a O-line that can open a hole or protect the QB, they will continue to get a high draft picks.

Besides maybe we should draft a QB in the first round, we have had pretty good success at that too:
Joey Harrington
Andre Ware
Chuck Long

Those were Millan picks. The fact that he can't pick a good QB early doesn't mean it can't be done.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dream_017 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:02 pm

dream_017 wrote:
There will always be QBs out there. Just like in Fantasy football, you can always find a decent QB later in the draft, whether it is late 1st round or beyond. Until they get a O-line that can open a hole or protect the QB, they will continue to get a high draft picks.

Besides maybe we should draft a QB in the first round, we have had pretty good success at that too:
Joey Harrington
Andre Ware
Chuck Long

Those were Millan picks. The fact that he can't pick a good QB early doesn't mean it can't be done.

Only 1 of them was a Millen pick. Again, QB is not our biggest problem, it isn't even top 5
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:15 pm

dream_017 wrote:Only 1 of them was a Millen pick. Again, QB is not our biggest problem, it isn't even top 5

Especially now with C-Pep coming to town :-B
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Funny thread. I'm sure they'll each find a win or two.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:42 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Only 1 of them was a Millen pick. Again, QB is not our biggest problem, it isn't even top 5

Especially now with C-Pep coming to town :-B

I would be pretty upset if the Lions used their high draft pick on a QB. We need Oline, DLine, LB, and Secondary help much more than a QB.

Dont get me started with Cpepp either. Simply put - dude sucks.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:35 pm

Lions need to go OT and DE or vice versa, I think Stafford is the only guy who comes out so next years QB class could be even deeper...Take Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe with a top 2 pick, then Brian Orakpo with the 2nd first, you get your two primary defensive positions addressed, continue to address the line via FA and draft and set yourself up with a nice foundation if they do decide to take a QB...Sign a #2 WR in the off-season like Miles Austin to play outside of CJ, the more I think about it taking a QB with the team this bad just isn't smart.

First thing is first they need O-lineman, drafting an elite LT can turn your team around quicker then anything.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:41 am

dream_017 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

Joey Harrington
Andre Ware
Chuck Long

Only 1 of them was a Millen pick. Again, QB is not our biggest problem, it isn't even top 5

The NFL is a copycat league and it's time the Lions stop thinking they are smarter than all the teams that are kicking their butts and get with the program. They should draft heavy on the D and one stud RB the first two rounds, then look for secondary and OL help in rnds 3-4, then grab a QB in the ladder rounds along with some small college RB studs. Look at the might TItans. They have a great D, Kerry friggin Collins at QB, and no WRs of note. They seem to be doing okay. They have got to get better on D first. Drafting a QB is a luxury when you suck as bad as the Lions.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk