Donnie Avery - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donnie Avery

Moderator: Football Moderators

Donnie Avery

Postby slowride » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:19 pm

I snagged him in a keeper league that borders on a dynasty style league. Long term potential?
Slowride is burning.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Donnie Avery

Postby mickuwich » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:38 pm

well what do you think it is?he obviously has it all.it depends largely on the rams o-line,qb,and offensive strategy the next few years

if they snag a good LT in the draft,sign a G or two in free agency we might see some extension to bulgers football career,if not than they might suffer in the passing game for a season or two
mickuwich
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:39 pm

Absolutely. He was drafted as the first WR taken this past draft. I'm trying to make a move for him, but don't want to seem to eager.

Though on the glass-half-empty side- He's thin but fast. Wonder how good he is at beating the jam.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:23 pm

Have always been a big fan, he is showing off big play potential in his 1st year so you can only expect things to get better...Avery has no problems beating DB's and Bulger loves looking deep for him.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:07 am

LS2throwed wrote:Have always been a big fan, he is showing off big play potential in his 1st year so you can only expect things to get better...Avery has no problems beating DB's and Bulger loves looking deep for him.

;-D

You and I were the pair of guys that hyped him a bit in the rookie wide out thread. I watched this guy at Houston and he can really play. He was overlooked because of the school he played for, but he has skills. He is fast and runs good routes. Also, as you said he has no problems beating DBs with his speed or technique. I like Avery a lot going forward.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby u_fig_eater » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:38 am

I've started him the past couple weeks on a couple of my teams. I think he's got good potential.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:33 am

The most impressive thing about Avery besides his speed is the fact that he is great at adjusting to deep balls while he is on the move. Bulger underthrew him a few times and he still managed to get right underneath it in stride. Definitely a keeper in dynasty leagues. He will only get better as he runs more crisp routes.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:14 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:Have always been a big fan, he is showing off big play potential in his 1st year so you can only expect things to get better...Avery has no problems beating DB's and Bulger loves looking deep for him.

;-D

You and I were the pair of guys that hyped him a bit in the rookie wide out thread. I watched this guy at Houston and he can really play. He was overlooked because of the school he played for, but he has skills. He is fast and runs good routes. Also, as you said he has no problems beating DBs with his speed or technique. I like Avery a lot going forward.

Basically, I wonder how those columnist in STL feel now :-D I remember those guys blasting him at the beginning of that thread I guess because they didn't know much about him...I wish I had jumped on him in more redrafts to be honest but rookie WR's tend to be up and down and I don't want to rely on one during the playoffs, but alot of dynasties he was getting passed over and he had great value.

As long as the STL offense still has playmakers outside of him, and Holt taking double coverages, he should continue to have a big games...Although his ceiling is higher then Royal's I believe because when Holt leaves STL(which I think he does soon) Avery takes over as the #1 guy then at that point who knows, but Royal will always be 2nd fiddle to Marshall in that offense.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:21 pm

He plays a very favorable schedule as well.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:02 pm

I knew I should have picked him up last week :~(
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo