Donnie Avery - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donnie Avery

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Donnie Avery

Postby WeekSixteen » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Anyone who watches the Rams.. Has Holt just lost a step or do teams really put double coverage on him? I've seen people mention Holt being double covered a lot but I find that hard to believe.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WeekSixteen » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Anyone who watches the Rams.. Has Holt just lost a step or do teams really put double coverage on him? I've seen people mention Holt being double covered a lot but I find that hard to believe.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:17 pm

Defenses typically have enough defenders to double cover one guy, Holt may of lost a step but he has the respect of D-coordinators league wide for being such a dominant WR for so long, he can still beat man coverage so they will have at least one safety spying on pass plays...That's how we played them, safety help for Holt and Avery was manned up on the opposite end.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby 2ksports » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:33 am

LS2throwed wrote:Defenses typically have enough defenders to double cover one guy, Holt may of lost a step but he has the respect of D-coordinators league wide for being such a dominant WR for so long, he can still beat man coverage so they will have at least one safety spying on pass plays...That's how we played them, safety help for Holt and Avery was manned up on the opposite end.

Seconded. It's still absurd to think Avery is actually a better player than Holt at this point. People go wild over the stats, but if not for Holt, Avery wouldn't be Avery.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:45 am

2ksports wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:Defenses typically have enough defenders to double cover one guy, Holt may of lost a step but he has the respect of D-coordinators league wide for being such a dominant WR for so long, he can still beat man coverage so they will have at least one safety spying on pass plays...That's how we played them, safety help for Holt and Avery was manned up on the opposite end.

Seconded. It's still absurd to think Avery is actually a better player than Holt at this point. People go wild over the stats, but if not for Holt, Avery wouldn't be Avery.

With Holt's 10 years of experience, of course he's not a better real NFL player but he is a better fantasy player and I think that's what people really mean. For this reason teams will continue to double Holt and man up on the rookie, which should lend him to big games. Once Lee Evans got a grasp on the offense he made a killing his rookie year with Moulds on the other side. I could see the same thing happening here.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk