Can't Pickup Avery with #1 Waiver Priority? Yahoo Bug? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Can't Pickup Avery with #1 Waiver Priority? Yahoo Bug?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can't Pickup Avery with #1 Waiver Priority? Yahoo Bug?

Postby Sgt. Apone » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:12 am

Kind of a weird situation in a $60 YAhoo 12 Team PPR league, I recently made a horrible add/drop of Morgan and dropped Donnie Avery like a moron, in my Yahoo settings it doesn't get into the specifics of the way waiver priority works when you are the person who dropped him previously. I am the #1 priority and I obviously tried to put in a waiver request, but was denied with an Error #245 "Must wait until player clears waivers to pick them up"Of course someone with a lower waiver priority was just awarded him off waivers so that muddies up the situation a bit as well.

The situation that make it weird is that the Commish in that league recently made a similar add/drop mistake earlier in the year with Buckhalter, he mistakenly dropped him to waivers, he then made an adjustment to the settings changing his waiver date to no waivers thus making him a Free Agent then picked him back up, then dropped him again to waivers, and used his waiver priority to grab him as he stated in the below post "to be fair"

dropped buckhalter on accident tried to get him back but he was put on waivers(dont know why??)changed settings to get him back....realized it wasnt fair so I put him back on waivers on the free agent market??? Im first in waiver order so I got him back fair and square just wanted to put that out there..in case things looked fishy....lol! - the Commish

nobody made any fuss at the time, it seems fair that he dropped him back to waivers and used his priority - the thing is, I'm not sure what is standard in Yahoo leagues, but now that I think about it I'm guessing you can't use waiver priority on a player you were the last to drop and the commish in my league made a mistake in his handling of Buckhalter, it's a totally fair league with a group of longtime friends so there is no foul play involved, I'm just wondering what you might feel is a fair way to address this situation? I have sent the Commish a text but have not heard back yet, so I'm not worried - just thought it was a interesting situation and wanted the Cafe's take on it
Last edited by Sgt. Apone on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: weird spot w/ WW priority on player dropped/want to pickup?

Postby Sgt. Apone » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:28 pm

Well, Avery was awarded to #6 priority on waivers not my #1, and the Commish has advised me to email Yahoo to see if they can clear it up, Has anyone got any info on Yahoo rules in this situation?
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Can't Pickup Avery with #1 Waiver Priority? Yahoo Bug?

Postby rmjones101 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:36 pm

I only read briefly the original post...however

I'm gonna guess that since this week's games aren't over that the waiver priority has not yet been reset to 1st priority. As of right now, the waiver priorities are still based on Last Week's waiver. Since you didn't make any waiver claims, others have gone through, so your first waiver pick has been passed. The waivers will probably reset Tues morning.

The way the waiver wire works, if you don't apply for a waiver pick and the next waiver priorities go through, you have to wait for the wire to roll back around.
rmjones101
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:18 pm

As far as I know about Yahoo!, you cannot use a waiver claim on someone you dropped. Since you dropped Avery and he was still on waivers, you can't put in a claim for him no matter what waiver priority you are. What the commish did in the Buckhalter situation was actually circumvent this rule...since changing the waiver time to disappear and only have free agency let him get Buckhalter back, and then the Commish probably just changed all the waiver priorities manually so that in essence he had used a waiver (manually made his own waiver 12, changed 2 to 1, 3 to 2, etc).

But yeah, since you dropped Avery and he was still on waivers, you can't put a claim on him.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:32 pm

It's what JasonSeahorn said. If you are the one who dropped the player, you cannot pick them up until they cleared waivers, regardless of what priority you have.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Motown Blues » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:11 pm

The Commish cheated, and made it sound like he didn't. He dropped Buckhalter, and therefore did not have #1 priority for that claim. You would have to, in effect, cheat to get Avery back in some way. For both of you, it really should be one of those mistakes you learn NEVER to do again.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Commissioner's Corner