RB's to sell high/buy low - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RB's to sell high/buy low

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB's to sell high/buy low

Postby MotorCityKitties » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:24 pm

Sell High:
Michael Turner: He's been great against the weak D's, but has yet to put up a good game against a solid D. Faces OAK next week though.

Matt Forte: Hasn't gone over 100 yds since week 1 and the YPC has been weak. His perceived value is still very high. However, he faces the MotorCity Kitties next week.

Buy Low:
Sammy Morris: His performance in the first half last monday night was impressive. As long as he can come back relatively soon I think the job is his. NE's schedule is very nice.
MotorCityKitties
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RB's to sell high/buy low

Postby Montana168 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:24 pm

just traded forte and a high round pick for frank gore in a 10 team 7 keepers league. i would say that's selling high.
Montana168
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:56 pm

I disagree with Forte unless you get good value. He is consistent. Chicago has a differnt offense this year than the last few and Forte is a key part.

He has either broke 100 total yards or got a TD (MINIMUM) in every game but one so far which he had 85 total yards.

I haven't looked at the stats from this perspective, but he has to be one of the most consistent RBs right now and I don't see why that would change.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 2ksports » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:01 pm

sure if you like a RB who can't score TDs.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby MotorCityKitties » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:04 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I disagree with Forte unless you get good value. He is consistent. Chicago has a differnt offense this year than the last few and Forte is a key part.

He has either broke 100 total yards or got a TD (MINIMUM) in every game but one so far which he had 85 total yards.

I haven't looked at the stats from this perspective, but he has to be one of the most consistent RBs right now and I don't see why that would change.

Well he's a rookie and he should be hitting the wall sometime in the second half. Also, I'm talking sell HIGH. He's been a first round value so far this year. You're right, he's been very consistent, but I just don't see him having first round value when the year is over.
MotorCityKitties
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:05 pm

2ksports wrote:sure if you like a RB who can't score TDs.

Yeah...tied for 7th among all RB's for TDs with 6 is abysmal.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 2ksports » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:11 pm

aaawall91 wrote:

Correction: 30th in the league for rush TDs/game and 26th for receiving TDs per game for Running backs.

Also I only count 5 total TDs (4 rush, 1 rec), and he's on pace for maybe 12 TDs max, which is to be expected considering he never got over 10 TDs before.

So yeah, imo it's way overrated. People talk of him as a top 5 caliber back. I don't see it.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:20 pm

2ksports wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:

Correction: 30th in the league for rush TDs/game and 26th for receiving TDs per game for Running backs.

Also I only count 5 total TDs (4 rush, 1 rec), and he's on pace for maybe 12 TDs max, which is to be expected considering he never got over 10 TDs before.

So yeah, imo it's way overrated. People talk of him as a top 5 caliber back. I don't see it.

He may be 30th in one category and 26th in the other...but combined he is 7th overall for RBs in TDs, and that is the fact that matters. Don't try and twist the facts to take away from him.

He has 4 rushing TDs (weeks 1,4,6,7) and 2 Receiving TDs (3,5).

Take note he has scored a TD in the last 3 weeks.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Disagree about Burner- he was a sell high after wk1 or wk3. I chose not to, only because I have him in a dynasty league.

Agree about Forte, only if it's not a PPR league. In my PPRer, he's garnered his owner an additional 29 points.

I'm not a Sammy believer. NE's RB situation seems too much like a bad mix of Shanahanigans and RBC. I'm avoiding this if my team's RB depth allows it.

My 2c-
Willis McGahee- 2 straight games of 20+ touches, 2 straight games of 1 TD. Seems to have overcome McClain's challenge, while Ray Rice's recent performance keeps the asking price from getting too high. Since he reportedly has a plan to deal with the knee injury, Cam Cameron intends to make him the centerpiece of the offense as he planned in the offseason. While his playoff schedule isn't that great, upcoming matchups @Cle, @Hou, and @Cin make him a good target if you're trying to get into the playoffs or trying to solidify your position.

Marion Barber- His struggles can easily be attributed to Brad Johnson. But, when Tony Romo returns, the schedule, especially for the playoffs, gets much harder. Try to find a buyer who remembers those first 3 games with a TD or two, while you realize he's had two in the five games since.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:41 pm

I actually like yardage guys- they're more consistent, and since TDs are so unpredictable, you're guranteed decent with the chance of really good.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk