yahoo, changing team past lineup - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

yahoo, changing team past lineup

Moderator: Football Moderators

yahoo, changing team past lineup

Postby R00k » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:41 am

This year I took over commishionership of a league that had very little past problems. Now this year I have run into my first real problem.

I had an owner this past week not set his lineup. He is out of playoff contention and started Greg Jennings (Bye week) and Santonio Holmes (out because of pot).

Santonio Holmes could be an honest mistake, but there is really no excuse for not playing a wr who is playing. He had Roddy White and some other wr on his bench. Roddy White has been on a tear, I don't understand why he wouldnt be starting him anyhow.

As it turned out, he lost by one point to a team who now moved up to second place in a 10 team league.

There was some uproar and another guy asked for the guy to be booted in the league forums.

Now, my question.
It appears that yahoo custom leagues allow a commish to historically change a teams lineup for the week. I am thinking I want to change the guys lineup. I'm thinking putting in a wr for Jennings. I am in the process of writing up the league rules. At least getting the rules down in written format, as they had not been written down in the past. We really have not had any problems the past couple seasons. Or maybe we did, I just didn't know about them.

What do you guys think about a rule that states if a team doesn't play a full roster and it changes the outcome of the game the commish should change the guys lineup? I would have to use some sort of rankings to determine who should be put in Jennings place. Like yahoo rankings or something. This is going to effect the playoffs and I really think I need to do something.

Thoughts?

Has anyone ever do a historical change in yahoo custom leagues?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
R00k
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: yahoo, changing team past lineup

Postby R00k » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:50 am

I forgot to mention that this is the first time this has happened. In this league, In the past teams out of the playoffs have input a full lineup.

so it would be a "new" ruling
QB:B.Roethlisberger BN:J.Cutler
HB:J.Addai BN:K.Smith BN:D. Rhodes BN:R.Mendenhall
HB:DeAngelo Williams
WR:R. Moss BN:B.Johnson BN:S.Rice
WR:A.Johnson
WR:L.Coles
TE:J.Witten
K:N.Rackers
DEF:New England
R00k
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:48 pm

There is nothing that you can do in this instance as far as I am concerned. You cannot tell people who to start, and there could be any number of explanations for why this happened. He could have been sick, or busy and didn't get chance to change the lineup or whatever. Even if he is a sore loser, and he isn't going to make an effort to change anything in the future, the most you can do IMO, is to kick him out of the league for the rest of the season. Trying to erase a "dumbass" move he made that effected one guy effects everyone in the league, not to mention what happens if he made other decisions you all don't agree with that cost other people in the standings? To me, this is no different than someone who gets a hunch to start Shaun Alexander over Clinton Portis in any given week - it is stupid and makes no sense to many people, but it is NOT THEIR TEAM and they can't do anything about it.

My recommendation for the future, would be to keep an eye on his (or anyone else in this position) lineup and if there are no changes later in the week (from Fri afternoon on), contact him however you can and ask him why he hasn't updated his lineup and/or if there is an approved change you can make from him via the commish privileges. Other than that, you have to leave the past in the past and work out a feasible solution to work with going forward...

Hope this helps ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby R00k » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:41 am

WaCougMBS wrote:There is nothing that you can do in this instance as far as I am concerned. You cannot tell people who to start, and there could be any number of explanations for why this happened. He could have been sick, or busy and didn't get chance to change the lineup or whatever. Even if he is a sore loser, and he isn't going to make an effort to change anything in the future, the most you can do IMO, is to kick him out of the league for the rest of the season. Trying to erase a "dumbass" move he made that effected one guy effects everyone in the league, not to mention what happens if he made other decisions you all don't agree with that cost other people in the standings? To me, this is no different than someone who gets a hunch to start Shaun Alexander over Clinton Portis in any given week - it is stupid and makes no sense to many people, but it is NOT THEIR TEAM and they can't do anything about it.

My recommendation for the future, would be to keep an eye on his (or anyone else in this position) lineup and if there are no changes later in the week (from Fri afternoon on), contact him however you can and ask him why he hasn't updated his lineup and/or if there is an approved change you can make from him via the commish privileges. Other than that, you have to leave the past in the past and work out a feasible solution to work with going forward...

Hope this helps ;-D

Thanks.
I believe I am going to follow your advice exactly.
Thanks for the help!
QB:B.Roethlisberger BN:J.Cutler
HB:J.Addai BN:K.Smith BN:D. Rhodes BN:R.Mendenhall
HB:DeAngelo Williams
WR:R. Moss BN:B.Johnson BN:S.Rice
WR:A.Johnson
WR:L.Coles
TE:J.Witten
K:N.Rackers
DEF:New England
R00k
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:26 am

R00k wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:There is nothing that you can do in this instance as far as I am concerned. You cannot tell people who to start, and there could be any number of explanations for why this happened. He could have been sick, or busy and didn't get chance to change the lineup or whatever. Even if he is a sore loser, and he isn't going to make an effort to change anything in the future, the most you can do IMO, is to kick him out of the league for the rest of the season. Trying to erase a "dumbass" move he made that effected one guy effects everyone in the league, not to mention what happens if he made other decisions you all don't agree with that cost other people in the standings? To me, this is no different than someone who gets a hunch to start Shaun Alexander over Clinton Portis in any given week - it is stupid and makes no sense to many people, but it is NOT THEIR TEAM and they can't do anything about it.

Hope this helps ;-D

Thanks.
I believe I am going to follow your advice exactly.
Thanks for the help!

No problem man, I hope it all works out ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner