Justin Fargas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Justin Fargas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Justin Fargas

Postby Stelly » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:39 am

What is his value going forward? He seems to be in favor with the new hard coach, and Darren McFadden has only been effective in one game, plus he's injured.

Fargas is available in my league, and am considering adding him for depth (already have Gore, Jacobs, MJD and J. Stewart), so I wanted to see what others thought of his potential for the rest of the season. Will he get a majority of the carries, or is he bound to be stuck in a RBBC if/when McFadden gets healthy?
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Justin Fargas

Postby killiansjmd » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:32 am

As long as McFadden is hurt he should see the majority of the carries. Once McFadden comes back they will go to splitting up the carries. Not sure if you would drop or who you are looking to drop but I think he's worthy of adding to your bench. With the right matchup he could be a good start.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:43 am

If you can afford to Fargas is a great guy to buy low and stash on your bench. His schedule is not that difficult the rest of the year. He will be a very playable flex guy.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Sgt. Apone » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 pm

Fargas was dropped in one of my $ leagues this week, would anyone pick him up over Ginn Jr. if you needed RB depth? I have Matt Jones and was waiting out the suspension on the hopes of using him this week, but was planning to drop him for Fargas after this week, any opinions?

Anyways, I hear DMC has a different foot injury now so he may get the start and majority of carries vs Atlanta and future games for Oakland. Assuming Oakland has some success against Atlanta' s bottom 10 rated rushing defense, Fargas could be looking at 20+ carries and the chance at a TD which is nice flex material
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby hermitkendle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:44 am

Ok with McFad out he should do very well, but look at his stats last week he only scored 2.4 points in my leauge and McFad was out last week. Plus it seems like Fargas is a lil brittle himself this year aswell. The HC does seem to like Fargas and that is a plus for him. I would say pick him up if you are truely desperate.
hermitkendle
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:33 am

hermitkendle wrote:Ok with McFad out he should do very well, but look at his stats last week he only scored 2.4 points in my leauge and McFad was out last week. Plus it seems like Fargas is a lil brittle himself this year aswell. The HC does seem to like Fargas and that is a plus for him. I would say pick him up if you are truely desperate.

The Ravens have a pretty good defense.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:01 pm

Both the Jets and the Ravens have stout run defenses, 1st and 4th. However, none of the remaining teams on his schedule through week 16 rank higher than 14th against the run...23rd, 14th, 15th, 30th, 32nd, 20th, and 21st.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Stelly » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:25 pm

I dumped Chris Perry for him. With the new news about DMC, I am pretty pleased. Adds nice depth behind Gore, Jacobs, MJD, and J-Stew.

Gearing up for the playoffs!!
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)