Luck-o-the-draw - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Luck-o-the-draw

Moderator: Football Moderators

Luck-o-the-draw

Postby j-fanball » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:02 pm

Call it the luck of the draw, but I am commissioner of my league and the guys are accusing me of having the upper hand because my team is so stacked compared to everyone else's. I won the championship last year and this year at the midway point in a 10 team league I am 8-1 and my team is as follows:

Collins/Pennington/Gannon/Vick
Holmes/James/MFaulk/C-mart
Owens/the Mosses/Ward/Keyshawn/K-rob and Driver
Crumpler/Heap/Gonzalez
Elam
Seahawks

I don't know how to convince everyone I am not intending to stack my team, but with my TEs, it's hard to convince everyone. It also makes it tough to stick when I try to overturn other guys' trades. Any advice?
j-fanball

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby emaja » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:07 pm

If you drafted all these guys, didn't everyone have the same shot at them? If you got them on WW/FA, why didn't they pick them up first?

If you got them in trade, someone agreed to give them to you, so what's the beef?

As long as nothing was shady, then the other owners are just being whiners. Tell them to grow up and deal with it.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby mannubhai » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:10 pm

How did you gather this team..and how did you lose a game. Your team is the most awesome team I have ever seen..almost unbelievable..solid backups at every position.

How did you do it ?
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby j-fanball » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:13 pm

Mostly thru trdaes and a lot of luck. I lost one game when I started Marshall and a couple other guys and they got hurt during the game.

I guess the problem arises when I've had to overturn other people's trades that seemed unbalanced and they pointed to my team.
j-fanball

Friendliness: %

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:15 pm

J-fanball, you have NO right to overrtyurn other peoples trades after acquiring a team like that. You have obviously taken advantage of some other owners, and if they made the trades you made, you would simply overturn them
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Ronald » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:24 pm

Trades should only be vetoed if there is collusion. I recently dropped all of my players in a league that vetoed one of my trades.

If your team is stacked, that is no right to complain. You just had a better draft, made better trades, and made better FA pickups than the other owners. Screw them for their stupidity.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden
Ronald
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby altproject » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:44 pm

what is your trading policy? is there any text posted on your site explaining what trades can and cannot be vetoed by you? if not, then the other owners have every right to accuse you of stacking your team -- you've already admitted to overturning other owners' trades because they were unbalanced. once you start vetoing trades because you (and possibly only you) think they're unbalanced, you open yourself up to this kind of criticizm. i'm a commissioner, and i've made it perfectly clear in writing that i will never veto any trades UNLESS i can prove the two owners are conspiring (cheating) against the rest of the league. just because a trade is unbalanced doesn't mean it's collusion. i get the feeling you need to post some written rules on what types of trades are and aren't acceptable -- or else no one in the league's ever going to trust you.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BigBlueMarbles » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:32 pm

-fanball, you have NO right to overrtyurn other peoples trades after acquiring a team like that. You have obviously taken advantage of some other owners, and if they made the trades you made, you would simply overturn them

You are a putz.

Amen...
(9-5) 12 Team Bonus scoring

QB's: J. Plummer, B. Johnson*,J. Garcia
RB's: M. Faulk*, S. Davis*, K. Barlow, B. Westbrook, T. Jones
Wr's: T. Holt*, C. Johnson*, J. Smith*, M. Robinson
TE: T. Heap*
K: J. Wilkins*
Def/ST:Broncos*
BigBlueMarbles
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:52 pm

Not only that but if the other owners allowed you to draft or trade for that team, they are putzes too.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby moochman » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:56 pm

I agree with Grounghog & Marbles, it looks like you are a putz. As commissioner you should not be overturning others trades unless requested by the rest of the league. Since you indicate that they're suspicious of your tactics, I have to assume you're over turing trades on your own volition. Keep it up and you'll be the commish in a one team league next year, nice work.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk