Luck-o-the-draw - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Luck-o-the-draw

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ronald » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:16 am

Ronald wrote:Trades should only be vetoed if there is collusion. I recently dropped all of my players in a league that vetoed one of my trades.

If your team is stacked, that is no right to complain. You just had a better draft, made better trades, and made better FA pickups than the other owners. Screw them for their stupidity.

...Forgot to add that you are a...

Drats, couldn't think of another word...

...putz for vetoing a trade that isn't collusion. Bad commish! Bad!
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden
Ronald
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:23 am

getting lit up like a christmas tree.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Luck-o-the-draw

Postby emaja » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:29 am

j-fanball wrote:It also makes it tough to stick when I try to overturn other guys' trades.

Unless I am misreading this, he didn't say that he did overturn trades, just that he tried - meaning unsuccessfully.

If you haven't abused your authority as commish by actually overturning trades that were not collusive or benefitted one team more than another (in your perception), then you have nothing to worry about. The other teams just didn't pick the right players or make the right moves.

Screw them.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby j-fanball » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:31 am

Awright, before everyone gets on me, maybe I didn't explain things too well. I vetoed a couple trades where it appeared a guy on one team was attempting to give up and was trading too much to another team. Any players I've gotten have been legit, I just pursue trades aggressively.

BTW, the rules state that at the discretion of the commisioner trades can be vetoed which give unfair advantage to a team over another, or which smacks of collusion. I've gained none of my players thru that means. Maybe next year, I do things more on a commitee basis or lay out more clear guidelines. This is my second year as a commisioner and am still learning a few ropes. Thanks to those of you looking to be helpful.
j-fanball

Friendliness: %

Postby emaja » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:41 am

j-fanball wrote:Awright, before everyone gets on me, maybe I didn't explain things too well. I vetoed a couple trades where it appeared a guy on one team was attempting to give up and was trading too much to another team. Any players I've gotten have been legit, I just pursue trades aggressively.

BTW, the rules state that at the discretion of the commisioner trades can be vetoed which give unfair advantage to a team over another, or which smacks of collusion. I've gained none of my players thru that means. Maybe next year, I do things more on a commitee basis or lay out more clear guidelines. This is my second year as a commisioner and am still learning a few ropes. Thanks to those of you looking to be helpful.

OK, maybe you are a putz - LOL.

As commish your sole responsibility is to maintain fairness of competition, not to make sure everyone's trades meet your approval. If you blocked a trade for any reason other than collusion, you have overstepped your authority - pure and simple.

You may not have stacked your team unfairly, but you did prevent others from improving their teams and that gave you an unfair advantage.

Don't mess with trade committees or any of that crap. Just allow all trades to be processed, as long as there is no appearance of teams working together to gain an unfair advantage.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Previous

Return to Football Talk