please help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

please help

Moderator: Football Moderators

please help

Postby tat2dhuman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:20 pm

I have Team 1 at 5-3 leading a division in a two division league. Team 2 is at the bottom with a 2-6 record.

Team 1's Roster:
Clinton Portis, LT, D. Williams, Chester Taylor, Justin Fargas at RB
Santana Moss, Welker, Toomer, Schilens at WR

Team 2 Roster:
Kevin Smith, Kevin Faulk, Lynch, Andre Hall at RB
Brandon Marshall, Ike Hilliard, Lee Evans, Greg Camarillo at WR

The proposed trade was:
TM2 traded Brandon Marshall, Den to TM1
TM2 traded Andre Hall, Den to TM1
TM1 traded Wes Welker, NE to TM2
TM1 traded Chester Taylor, Min to TM2

We have 4 RB's in free agency that score a higher average than Chester Taylor, including Ricky Williams who averages 3 more ppg!

The first team has tried two other trades, both of which I ran through two different forums and people told me to veto, overwhelmingly. I vetoed the trade, what does everyone think?
tat2dhuman
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: please help

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:52 pm

IMO, there is no way you should veto this trade. Frankly, I am interested to hear where you went to find people who "overwhelmingly" told you to veto this or a similar trade? Chester Taylor is one of the top 3 handcuff backs in the league, which means that he carries a value that is just a high or higher than Hall does in Denver, so that part is a wash at best. Welker and Marshall are not nearly as far apart as you might think, as Cassel will find him more and more as he gets comfortable in the offense (not to mention, that if it's PPR, that I think the deal evens out more than you are thinking).

You HAVE to let trades like this go through, or you set a ridiculous double standard that will never let any trades, no matter how legit, go through...

Hope this helps ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: please help

Postby spodog » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:26 pm

Let it go.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner