Week 10 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 10 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 10 Games Talk

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:04 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:That could've been one of the dumbest losses in history if Texas had run that back.

Not to mention Leach not going for 2 there after the TD, what was that all about? I realize you're excited and all, but you're paid to know this stuff, I knew no one would even mention it so I was almost rooting for Texas to run it back just so it would be more obvious.

What a game though. What was Brown doing in coverage on that last play? He was jogging, with his back turned. I've never seen that before.

Also, yeah....TT fans = dumbest fans in the country, lol.

P.S. Also worth noting, on that touchdown that Texas scored to take the lead with 1:23 left, there were 24 seconds left on the playclock, with the game clock rolling :-o
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:17 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:That could've been one of the dumbest losses in history if Texas had run that back.

Not to mention Leach not going for 2 there after the TD, what was that all about? I realize you're excited and all, but you're paid to know this stuff, I knew no one would even mention it so I was almost rooting for Texas to run it back just so it would be more obvious.

What a game though. What was Brown doing in coverage on that last play? He was jogging, with his back turned. I've never seen that before.

Also, yeah....TT fans = dumbest fans in the country, lol.

P.S. Also worth noting, on that touchdown that Texas scored to take the lead with 1:23 left, there were 24 seconds left on the playclock, with the game clock rolling :-o

With both of those things you mentioned (not going for 2 and also the playclock) it's just a coach getting overexcited and not thinking things through. Honestly, that's unacceptable. These coaches get paid the big bucks to manage a high level division 1 football team, and they really need to do the little things right.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:41 pm

PSU will not be in my top 3 in the next poll
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:PSU will not be in my top 3 in the next poll

Ditto.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:25 am

I understand putting Tech above them, but who else? Are you really going to penalize them for not playing by dropping them below a one-loss team?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:15 am

I know I am chipping in late, but I was at work - that was a great second half and an incredible finish! Go Red Raiders ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:55 am

steelerfan513 wrote:

I understand putting Tech above them, but who else? Are you really going to penalize them for not playing by dropping them below a one-loss team?

This is what I was thinking. I'm assuming that they will put either Florida (for blowing out Georgia) or Texas (for barely losing to Tech) ahead of them, but I simply disagree.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:32 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

This is what I was thinking. I'm assuming that they will put either Florida (for blowing out Georgia) or Texas (for barely losing to Tech) ahead of them, but I simply disagree.

Bama for one. Texas won't be above them, but after watching this weekends games no one can convince me that PSU could beat a good number of teams I have had in the top ten. They won't be in my top 3. I haven't sat down to put pen to paper yet, but I can tell you that I know a couple teams off the top of my head that would work PSU.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:11 am

My prediction -- Fat Phil is going to be fired today or tomorrow. I just have a feeling
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:16 am

deerayfan072 wrote:My prediction -- Fat Phil is going to be fired today or tomorrow. I just have a feeling

Could be. I'd guess that they'd wait until the end of the season, though.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football