Week 10 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 10 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 10 Games Talk

Postby The Lung » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:22 am

Of course you could put Alabama and Texas Tech (who are also undefeated) ahead of Penn State. But don't you dare put Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, USC, etc. ahead of them. Strength of schedule, conference, and what you think Penn State would do against other teams don't matter one bit. At this late stage in the season, you simply DO NOT put one loss teams above an undefeated one.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:44 am

The Lung wrote:Of course you could put Alabama and Texas Tech (who are also undefeated) ahead of Penn State. But don't you dare put Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, USC, etc. ahead of them. Strength of schedule, conference, and what you think Penn State would do against other teams don't matter one bit. At this late stage in the season, you simply DO NOT put one loss teams above an undefeated one.

The pollsters may not, but I will.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:46 am

The Lung wrote:Of course you could put Alabama and Texas Tech (who are also undefeated) ahead of Penn State. But don't you dare put Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, USC, etc. ahead of them. Strength of schedule, conference, and what you think Penn State would do against other teams don't matter one bit. At this late stage in the season, you simply DO NOT put one loss teams above an undefeated one.

Utah, Boise St, and Ball St are all undefeated as well. Should they all be ahead of Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, and USC as well?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:53 am

Man, I only watched two games, but watched them in full ... Gophers/Wildcats and TT/Texas ... man i lucked out...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby The Lung » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:56 am

Metroid wrote:Utah, Boise St, and Ball St are all undefeated as well. Should they all be ahead of Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, and USC as well?

Look at who Utah, Boise St, and Ball St played and who everyone else played. They might as well be I-AA teams.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Metroid wrote:

Utah, Boise St, and Ball St are all undefeated as well. Should they all be ahead of Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, and USC as well?

I know the big 10 is down, but there is a difference between a big 10 team and a non-BCS conference team. Even the so called "easy games" that Penn St. plays are still just as hard as any game that Utah would play. Utah barely beat Michigan, who is one of the worst teams in the big 10 this year. Penn St., however, is killing teams from the big 10 who are far better than Michigan.

Also, USC simply has no case to be ahead of Penn St. IMO. USC's schedule is no harder than that of Penn St. and USC has a loss, not to mention that the loss is to Oregon St., who Penn St. beat.

If you want to argue that an SEC team or a Big 12 team with 1 loss should be ahead of Penn St., I would whole-heartedly disagree, but I could at least see why you might think that. Trying to put USC ahead of them is just absurd to me. If another team in the Pac 10, lets say UCLA, had done exactly what USC has done this year, they wouldn't even be in the National title discussion. It's ridiculous to me that USC gets so much credit merely for being USC.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:58 pm

The Lung wrote:
Metroid wrote:Utah, Boise St, and Ball St are all undefeated as well. Should they all be ahead of Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, and USC as well?

Look at who Utah, Boise St, and Ball St played and who everyone else played. They might as well be I-AA teams.

After watching almost the entire Big 10 play yesterday, I'm not sure that the difference between the WAC and Big 10 is any bigger than the difference from the Big 10 to the SEC/Big 12.

How is it any different than the last two years where a Big 10 team, with fewer losses than their SEC opponent, got smoked when the two met in the championship? And if anything, the Big 10 is even WORSE this year than the last two years...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:18 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
The Lung wrote:

After watching almost the entire Big 10 play yesterday, I'm not sure that the difference between the WAC and Big 10 is any bigger than the difference from the Big 10 to the SEC/Big 12.

How is it any different than the last two years where a Big 10 team, with fewer losses than their SEC opponent, got smoked when the two met in the championship? And if anything, the Big 10 is even WORSE this year than the last two years...

The big 10 as a whole may be worse, but that doesn't mean that Penn St. is worse than Ohio St. was that year. Also, look at what Penn St. has done more closely. They've been blowing big 10 teams out. If they had been winning by a field goal or a touchdown each game, that's one thing, but with the exception of the Ohio St. game, they've been winning comfortably.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:29 pm

The Lung wrote:

Strength of Schedules

PSU = 56
Utah = 73
BSU = 61

Texas = 1
Oklahoma = 12
Florida = 13

:-?

Also, Bagel I went back and looked some stuff over on Ball State. They will be lower this week for me
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:36 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
The Lung wrote:

Strength of Schedules

PSU = 56
Utah = 73
BSU = 61

Texas = 1
Oklahoma = 12
Florida = 13

:-?

Also, Bagel I went back and looked some stuff over on Ball State. They will be lower this week for me

Lets look at a common opponent:

Utah beat Michigan by 2. PSU beat Michigan by 29.

Also, if you are going to argue that the big 10 is down, which is a very valid argument, lets look at what Penn St. has done out of conference.

Against Oregon St.: Penn St. wins by 31
Against Syracuse: Penn St. wins by 42

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football