Houston Wide Out Breaks Leg on Cart Just Off Field - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Houston Wide Out Breaks Leg on Cart Just Off Field

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Houston Wide Out Breaks Leg on Cart Just Off Field

Postby ShoelessJoe » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:11 pm

Just when we talk about this, a Cincy player goes into the crowd and hurts some little kid because the fans are RIGHT on top of the field at the Cincinatti stadium. Think about the children!
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:40 pm

I saw this as it happened and it made me sick to my stomach, no idea why they would have iron cast carts directly behind the end zone, they didn't show the replay but once or twice and if you missed it be thankful...I'd be pissed if i was him and the coach.

I'm not sure who to place blame onto, but my family would take legal action as well, there is no reason that stuff couldn't be slid off to the side at least, it was directly behind the endzone knowing people run through the endzone, that was just bad judgement on their part.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:04 pm

Man, I just saw this for the first time earlier this afternoon, and it is brutal 8-o !+)

I don't think he will be walking normally for a LONG time. 'tis a shame...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:44 pm

Update:

Houston WR Sues Marshall, League Over 2008 Injury
By The Associated Press 08/31/10 - 04:40 PM EDT
JOHN RABY

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Houston wide receiver Patrick Edwards, who broke his leg when he ran into a metal service cart in an October 2008 game at Marshall, accused the school in a lawsuit of maintaining an unsafe playing field.

Edwards was running full speed for a long pass when his right shin crashed into the cart just beyond the end zone. Edwards suffered a compound fracture and a rod was inserted in his lower right leg during surgery the next day in Huntington.

The lawsuit was first reported by KRIV-TV in Houston.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday in Kanawha County Circuit Court seeks unspecified damages and a jury trial. Also named as defendants were Conference USA and game referee Gil Gelbke, whom the lawsuit said was in charge of inspection and notification.

Marshall had a duty to maintain its football field in a reasonably safe manner, including the removal of obstructions, the lawsuit said. It cites NCAA football rules requiring the officials to remove any markers and obstructions from the playing surface that might be hazards to players.

"We are aware of the lawsuit and have advised our attorneys," Conference USA said in a statement. "It was an unfortunate accident and we are glad that Patrick has recovered so well from it. We will have no further comment regarding ongoing litigation."

con't...

more: http://www.thestreet.com/story/10850043 ... =obnetwork
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to College Football