what to do? my trade being questioned... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

what to do? my trade being questioned...

Moderator: Football Moderators

what to do? my trade being questioned...

Postby LegendoftheFall » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:57 pm

i just completed a blockbuster trade. totally legit, just trying to unload my bench and upgrade starters for the playoffs. Seems like since im the commish, everybody is suspect that this is a shady deal. (one guy complained that it was lopsided for the other team, then changed his mind and said it was lopsided towards me. and another guy said the same-lopsided towards me.) the team i traded with was in 7th and had to make a move to try to get into the playoffs, and im in 2nd and had to make a move to overtake the #1 team.
here's the trade: i gave up Mcnabb, Winslow, CChambers, Avery, SSlaton, and Steven jackson
and got back Romo and APeterson. in my opinion i overpaid, but could afford to because i had a very solid bench.

so now my starting lineup looks like this:
Romo
AP
LT
RWayne
TO
BMarshall
Cooley

His:
Mcnabb
Slaton
SJax
Chambers
LEvans
Avery or Berrian (5-6new starters)
Winslow or Whitten

i think the real beef is that the other guys didnt want my team that strong, but is that grounds for a veto? its clearly not collusion or shady, 5-6 players will be starters for him, and he only gave up AP and Romo who isnt even back from injury. this is just both teams trying to make a move. can this be vetoed just becasue it makes a team too strong?
LegendoftheFall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: what to do? my trade being questioned...

Postby Motown Blues » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:48 pm

I think the guys in your league are foolish...'cause to be honest, *you* got fleeced, dude. You got played for a couple of NAMES. Who's gonna be your QB for the next few weeks? TO is garbage this year, and what if one of your RB's / WR's gets hurt? You're halfway thru the season, and you are going to need a bench. Granted, SJAX is probably out this Sunday, but you just lost your depth. You better hope AP is an absolute monster the rest of the way, and Romo completely outplays McNabb weeks 11-16.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Trade is not vetoable.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LegendoftheFall » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:09 am

Motown Blues wrote:I think the guys in your league are foolish...'cause to be honest, *you* got fleeced, dude. You got played for a couple of NAMES. Who's gonna be your QB for the next few weeks? TO is garbage this year, and what if one of your RB's / WR's gets hurt? You're halfway thru the season, and you are going to need a bench. Granted, SJAX is probably out this Sunday, but you just lost your depth. You better hope AP is an absolute monster the rest of the way, and Romo completely outplays McNabb weeks 11-16.

like i said, i know i gave up more than i got back, but i now have the best lineup by far. Bench is overrated after about week 10, and like i said, im already in the playoffs so now im just trying to win weeks 13-15. I would advise you to do the same. (its worked 5 out of 8 seasons for me, the other 3 i lost because of injuries like you said, but i'll take that risk.) AP has an awesome playoff schedule and TO will improve when Romo comes back, and even if he didnt i'd never bench him for Avery or Chambers. ive got a few guys on the bench that i didnt list,Garcia, Delhomme, also picked up some handcuffs and best available FA's.

thanks to both of you for the input.
LegendoftheFall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JoshDMB61 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:38 am

Nothing vetoable about that.
JoshDMB61
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Script-Ohio » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Your league is crazy if they think the trade is lopsided in your favor. You are the one overpaying!
Script-Ohio
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Commissioner's Corner