Vintage Lions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Vintage Lions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vintage Lions

Postby dream_017 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:12 pm

Well, let's see. We go into halftime with a lead and knock out the other teams starting QB ;-D ;-D Then proceed to not score another point or move the ball at all, while giving up the lead and lose the game.

Go Lions...on our way to history ;-D ;-D ;-D

The guys that I go to the games with, we always bring this up as the Carolina effect. Remember a couple years ago, the Lions knocked Jake Delhomme out of the game, then took the lead on the next possesion with about 2 minutes to go. Well, in steps Kerry Collins and he proceeds to march the Panthers down the field to score the game-winning TD right in front of our seats. Even when things look good for the Lions, it turn out to be our downfall :-t
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Vintage Lions

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:14 pm

dream_017 wrote:Well, let's see. We go into halftime with a lead and knock out the other teams starting QB ;-D ;-D Then proceed to not score another point or move the ball at all, while giving up the lead and lose the game.

The guys that I go to the games with, we always bring this up as the Carolina effect. Remember a couple years ago, the Lions knocked Jake Delhomme out of the game, then took the lead on the next possesion with about 2 minutes to go. Well, in steps Kerry Collins and he proceeds to march the Panthers down the field to score the game-winning TD right in front of our seats. Even when things look good for the Lions, it turn out to be our downfall :-t

not that it matters, but wasnt it Chris Weinke?

one game i recall was against the Giants when Barry was still playing and Tiki Barber ripped off a TD right at the beginning of OT
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:28 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Well, let's see. We go into halftime with a lead and knock out the other teams starting QB ;-D ;-D Then proceed to not score another point or move the ball at all, while giving up the lead and lose the game.

not that it matters, but wasnt it Chris Weinke?

one game i recall was against the Giants when Barry was still playing and Tiki Barber ripped off a TD right at the beginning of OT

You are right, I was thinking Weinke but for some reason typed Collins

The game :-P
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:27 pm

I guess I am missing the point. What, the Lions suck? They don't get coached up at halftime? lol. What I love more was the post game interviews where Orlovsky, Furrey and someone else sounded as if they had won the game just becuse they were able to do somethings in the second quarter.
Then you read in the Freep about the communcation problems and that OC Coletto says he was seeing plays he didn't know about or something only to have his QBs say that there was no confusion. Orlovsky said that Stanton was sending in very clear signals. Does that mean that spurned QB Stanton tried to take advantage of the communcations problem to try to embarrass the OC by calling plays Coletto wouldn't have?
Let me be the first to name Drew Stanton as our new OC.

And how pissed are any of you guys getting at watching K Smith run way better that Duty Johnson, yet still see the ridiculous splitting of carries?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:21 pm

moochman wrote:And how pissed are any of you guys getting at watching K Smith run way better that Duty Johnson, yet still see the ridiculous splitting of carries?

It boggled my mind, K Smith has actually looked surprisingly promising despite our horrible O-Line yet for some reason we feel that Rudi needs a large cut of the carries. My problem with Rudi from the beginning is that he seems to waddle his way to the hole as opposed to hitting it with any kind of momentum which simply will not cut it when our holes (if there happen to be any) close in fractions of a second. Rudi made K Smith look like he was the most explosive guy in the NFL (relatively speaking) as they changed back and forth on sunday.

EDIT: and one more thing, even the Bengals knew Rudi wasn't a good reciever out of the backfield, so why does Dump it off Danny and the rest of the Lions coaching staff think its a good idea?
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Detroit Lions