Off topic-- AI to Pistons!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Off topic-- AI to Pistons!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Off topic-- AI to Pistons!!

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:42 pm

I know its not the Lions but the Pistons at the very least will win some games. So the Pistons traded Billups and Dice to Denver for Iverson. Not only do the Pistons get Iverson which should help the team all around. Some would argue this i know. But Billups is on the decline. 33 million came off the Pistons books with this trade. It was more of a move for the future. 33 million. You can sign whoever you want with that money. Thanks for the memories Mr. Bigshot. They must think Stuckey can carry the team.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Off topic-- AI to Pistons!!

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:20 pm

Great trade by Joe. Get rid of an aging over-rated Billips, who has shown no ability to man up on D for a stud scorer who is on the last year of his contract. Next year Joe can rid the team of Iverson and Rasheed by simply not siging them and open up a ton of cap space for who knows who. There is a guy in Cleveland who is going to be on the market next season. Hmmmm. Very unlikely, but wouldn't that be cool to see LaBron here?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:01 pm

moochman wrote:Great trade by Joe. Get rid of an aging over-rated Billips, who has shown no ability to man up on D for a stud scorer who is on the last year of his contract. Next year Joe can rid the team of Iverson and Rasheed by simply not siging them and open up a ton of cap space for who knows who. There is a guy in Cleveland who is going to be on the market next season. Hmmmm. Very unlikely, but wouldn't that be cool to see LaBron here?

i just cant see King James coming here, but i think Chris Bosh is a possibility...the Pistons may even be able to swing a trade for him in the offseason with hopes of signing him in 2010

regardless...great deal by Joe, both for this year and the future
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Yeah I agree with both of you. Great trade for now and the future. I was just listening to the press conference that they introduced Iverson at. He was saying how if the coach gives him an assignment that he would do it the best he could. Then someone yells out, " So you are going to practice!" He says Practice?? Were talking about practice now?? Practice?? OMG that was some funny stuff. Im sure everyone here knows about the whole AI and practice interview. If you dont youtube Iverson/practice, that should do it.

Mod Edit: Language
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:55 am

latsprewell20002000 wrote:Yeah I agree with both of you. Great trade for now and the future. I was just listening to the press conference that they introduced Iverson at. He was saying how if the coach gives him an assignment that he would do it the best he could. Then someone yells out, " So you are going to practice!" He says Practice?? Were talking about practice now?? Practice?? OMG that was some funny stuff. Im sure everyone here knows about the whole AI and practice interview. If you dont youtube Iverson/practice, that should do it.

You gotto love AI. Two things about the guy I love is that he always seems to come off as genuine. Never seems to try being anything other than who he is. And you never have to wonder if he left anything in the tank. The man gives all he has, every game. Now we see he has great comedic timing. ;-D
Practice! :-b

Mod Edit: Language

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:54 pm

I think it is a real sham that Chauncey wasn't able to get his physical taken and passed before the Pistons already played 2 games. That is a huge issue, that you lose the player you traded and you don't have the player you got in return in your line-up for 2 games. It's not like they play every night like baseball, I don't see why it took so long :-t
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:38 pm

dream_017 wrote:I think it is a real sham that Chauncey wasn't able to get his physical taken and passed before the Pistons already played 2 games. That is a huge issue, that you lose the player you traded and you don't have the player you got in return in your line-up for 2 games. It's not like they play every night like baseball, I don't see why it took so long :-t

I heard something about there not being a plane for him. It could be totally false im not sure. But yeah i agree, that was totaly BS. Luckily I know they won at least one of them, not sure about the other one. Watching the game tonight he looks good man. Hes fast, VERY FAST. We havent had someone that fast, probably ever. Im so happy we got him. And Mooch i couldnt agree more with the AI coming off as genuine. He really does. That and the you know hes playing that game, whatever game it is, like its his last.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Detroit Lions