Can someone change their roster tonight? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Can someone change their roster tonight?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can someone change their roster tonight?

Postby Buck Naked » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:57 pm

I have a guy that just checked his roster (dumb move, I know) and he has San Diego as his defense (on a bye). He dropped them and picked up Washington's defenisve in hopes of playing them tonight. Yahoo will not let him insert Washington into his roster. Is their a time or date that add/drops can happen and still be effective for week 9? I am assuming that it is just too late for any drop/adds for tyhis week. I need to know just to explain to this guy.

Thanks
Buck Naked Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Can someone change their roster tonight?

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:27 am

Buck Naked wrote:I have a guy that just checked his roster (dumb move, I know) and he has San Diego as his defense (on a bye). He dropped them and picked up Washington's defenisve in hopes of playing them tonight. Yahoo will not let him insert Washington into his roster. Is their a time or date that add/drops can happen and still be effective for week 9? I am assuming that it is just too late for any drop/adds for tyhis week. I need to know just to explain to this guy.

Thanks

There are usually two options when it comes to lineup deadlines - the first is that all players lock 0-5 minutes before the kickoff of the first game of the week, and the second is that a player locks 0-5 minutes before the start of their respective game. It looks like you have the first option in your league, which means the guys is out of luck in this case. I'm sure its kosher to drop a bye-week team for a FA that hasn't played/another bye-week team (obviously, since it let him do it), but you can't change the starting lineup because it looks like all starters were already locked...

Hope this helps ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner