Week 11 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 11 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 11 Games Talk

Postby BritSox » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:15 pm

29yd FG attempt blocked as time expires.

OT in Baton Rouge.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:18 pm

BritSox wrote:Just checked, you are correct. Thought Mizzou dropped after losing to OU the second time.

The general point stands. It's quite possible in a two-way tie, the BCS standings say the opposite of the tiebreaker. Imagine a scenario where one beats the other narrowly, then suffers a really embarassing blowout loss.

IMO, and it just that, if you put someone in that did not win their conference that is bullsh!t. That was the argument on UGA last year. If you can;t win your conference you can't go there. IMO, the voters would never let that happen. UM was a good example when Florida played OSU
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:20 pm

Not sure what happened to my post, but earlier I said that no the Missou thing did not come into account because they were ranked higher than Kansas
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BritSox » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:22 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Not sure what happened to my post, but earlier I said that no the Missou thing did not come into account because they were ranked higher than Kansas

It's still there?

And it's not bullshit. What matters for the BCS is rankings, not conference titles. Higher ranked one goes through. Do you believe it is wrong to rank the team that loses the H2H higher in that example i outlined?
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BritSox » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:23 pm

Bama get a pickoff on the first OT drive from LSU.

BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BritSox » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:24 pm

TD given, but under review. Will give Bama the win if upheld.

BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BritSox » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Bama wins.

BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:26 pm

BritSox wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Not sure what happened to my post, but earlier I said that no the Missou thing did not come into account because they were ranked higher than Kansas

It's still there?

And it's not bullshit. What matters for the BCS is rankings, not conference titles. Higher ranked one goes through. Do you believe it is wrong to rank the team that loses the H2H higher in that example i outlined?

I think if you don't win your conference you do not deserve to go to the NC game. Period.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:29 pm

BritSox wrote:

It's still there?

Its gone. It was in response to KU being taken because the BCS had them ranked higher. It said: No, because Mizzo was ranked higher.

Not sure what happened !+)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:29 pm

BritSox wrote:

It's still there?

I agree higher ranked teams go. My point is voters and the BCS will not allow a team that did not win its conference (in this example -- all 1 loss teams) to be ranked higher.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football