Ethical??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Ethical???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ethical???

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Pretty much in all the leagues im in the comish has the right to adjust lineups to prevent this from happening. If someone starts doing it then a couple posts go out saying every needs to be putting the best possible team on the field every week or it starts to ruin the league. If they dont after a couple of warnings, the comish will change the roster and they probably wont be back for another year.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby THE TERMINATOR » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:19 pm

I think your over reacting. It is a common thing for a team out of it to not cure and it does have an effect but you should not worry about it for it is not in a way that you would think it would be.

The Stand only deside who makes the Playoff and who you play once you get there. It's easy to think if you have the first spot in the playoffs you will have the easiest road to the championship but that's not always true.

Each team you face have deferent Players and them players have good matchups and bad matchups. There could be a team in your league that has some great matchups where no one in your league could beat him that week and what if he is playing the number 1 seed that week?

So to argue that he should be setting his lineup can be making a case that it should be you that should be facing that one team in his monster week and sure it is always possable that you could end up playing him as the 2nd seed too or it is possable it's your team if your lucky. I've seen the 5th or 6th of even the 7th Place teams that did not have the best team but win the Championship for they where lucky enough to play the right team at the right time.

So it really is a small thing and without knowing what will happen you should be happy knowing your in the playoffs and you just have to hope that you get the seeding that will let you face the right teams at the right time to slip through the cracks.
THE TERMINATOR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Paulyedward » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:35 pm

But what you have to understand is that the owner that started a player on IR lost by 5 points which he would have won with LT in the lineup. The team that he was playing, I am battling for a playoff spot. So now that team is a still a win up on me (I won as well this week) and could possibly affect me making the playoffs. And if you say that maybe I should field a better team so I don't have to worry about the playoffs, well I lost two games by a total of 3 points on weeks where I had the second highest score for that week, how crappy is that? Last week, a team had the second lowest point total for the week and still WON, he is 8th in points scored overall, yet now has a 6-4 record simply because he has the least points scored against him this year (by a large margin). I'm thinking about starting a league next year where wins and losses are based on points scored for that week. The top 5 best scores get a win, bottom 5 scores a loss. Anyone ever heard of any leagues like that?
Paulyedward
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:30 am

Paulyedward wrote:But what you have to understand is that the owner that started a player on IR lost by 5 points which he would have won with LT in the lineup. The team that he was playing, I am battling for a playoff spot. So now that team is a still a win up on me (I won as well this week) and could possibly affect me making the playoffs. And if you say that maybe I should field a better team so I don't have to worry about the playoffs, well I lost two games by a total of 3 points on weeks where I had the second highest score for that week, how crappy is that? Last week, a team had the second lowest point total for the week and still WON, he is 8th in points scored overall, yet now has a 6-4 record simply because he has the least points scored against him this year (by a large margin). I'm thinking about starting a league next year where wins and losses are based on points scored for that week. The top 5 best scores get a win, bottom 5 scores a loss. Anyone ever heard of any leagues like that?

i do agree you got hosed...something like that should have been adjusted for the "greater good" of the league

what you are refering to at the end is sometimes called a Victory Point system, although it is usually used in conjunction with Wins and Losses (i.e. Win = 1 pt, Top 5 score = 1 point...so if you win and Top 5 you get 2 points, win and bottom 5 = 1 point, lose and top 5 = 1 point)

Myfantasyleague.com supports this scoring...not sure if others do or not
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:05 am

The commissioner of the league has to decide whether they're going to do this or not. Because they can't just do it sometimes; it has to be always or never. Personally, I favor never. I'll send emails to people if I notice their lineup has problems and try to make sure I get good owners so it doesn't happen, but if it does, it does.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner