Commissioners should NEVER veto trades! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commissioners should NEVER veto trades!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Commissioners should NEVER veto trades!

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:52 am

Should Commish's ever veto FA or Waiver pickups/drops?
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:20 am

FantasySportsMaven wrote:Should Commish's ever veto FA or Waiver pickups/drops?

it depends on the situation...in general no, but if somebody is dropping Brees for JaMarcus Russell or something it's going to raise some questions
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:26 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:

it depends on the situation...in general no, but if somebody is dropping Brees for JaMarcus Russell or something it's going to raise some questions

What if a team is trading Brees for a first round pick? s that okay?
Do you agree that trades also depend on the situation as whether or not they should be vetoed?
If not , why not?
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:48 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

What if a team is trading Brees for a first round pick? s that okay?
Do you agree that trades also depend on the situation as whether or not they should be vetoed?
If not , why not?

i have no problem with someone trading a stud player for a pick in a keeper/dynasty league
...and yes, all trades should be looked at on a case to case basis, but my general stance is no veto unless there is collusion. if something looks fishy, it probably is and warrants further investigation
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 am

Makes sense.... so if a non playoff dynasty team drops their kicker and defense for potential next year starters, no veto or objction to their action is needed. ;-D
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:23 pm

no way, mike are you a fascist?

Just curious!

You worry way to much. Maybe you ought to seek counseling. Its not normal to worry THAT much about a league.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)

Postby Hippo45 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:35 pm

What happen a trade involves a person on IR? I remember a trade a few years back when Brown just ended up on IR and he traded him to another team for Marion Barber (I can't remember the actual player, but it was someone good). They weren't colluding the one owner didn't know Ronnie Brown was on IR. Is it ok for the Commish to veto this trade?
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby The Lung » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:49 pm

The 10 Fantasy Commandments

1. Thou shalt not veto. If there is obvious collusion between two owners, then the commissioner (or league via veto) should not allow it. But other than that? Let it go. People should be allowed to coach their team and trade whoever they want, even if you think it's a really stupid rip-off trade. Negotiating a steal of a deal is part of fantasy skill and as long as both parties want to do the deal, you're a punk if you block it. Especially the people who block a trade just because it doesn't involve them or because it's part of their "strategy" to block other teams from improving. That's the coward's way out and you're a scummy, spineless punk if you do that. Win on the virtual field, not in the bureaucracy.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Controlled Chaos » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:17 am

Just had a situation where the first place 6-1 team traded with his buddy, the 0-7 team. The first place team lost Romo...so he traded Sanchez and Forsett for Orton and Flacco. 2 bench players for 2 starting QB's. I'm not the commish of this league..unfortunately the commish has an 8 person veto and not enough people were signed on during the 2 day trade period to veto it. The commish was up in arms about it and banned the last place team...but the trade still goes through. The 1st place team is complaining about his buddy getting banned...but he knows dam well this trade was BS. It just sucks when stuff like this happens. In my other league, I moved away from the "vote" and I decide all vetos(exception being my trades which I have designated someone else to do.) I had to do this because one year 4 teams got together and veto'd a perfectly even trade because one of the guys was playing one of the teams that week and didn't want him getting a player. Tried explaining to them that's not what the veto is for...yada yada yada...All I heard back was.."That's not in the rules" Same stuff we heard from the 1st place team in the BS trade above. No not everything is in the rules, sometimes you just expect someone to do the right thing. I think all vetos should lie with the commish....Usually the only reason you even need a veto is collusion and putting veto's up for a vote unfortunately doesn't always work. I don't really have that problem anymore because I've had the exact same group of guys now for the last 4 years.

How do you guys feel about vetos? Vote or Commish decides.
Controlled Chaos
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ABA316 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Commish veto. Had the same issues you describe with league veto. We used Yahoo veto and weren't impressed with it either.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner