Gears of War 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Gears of War 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gears of War 2

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:05 am

since my xbox took a poop, i borrowed my old 360 from a buddy that i sold it to so i could play this one ASAP.

i see ffguru playing this right now...who else got it? thoughts so far?

im playing through the campaign co-op on hardened right now since insane isnt available from the start. been some tough areas already. game looks and feels sweet. cool new characters. only played one version of multi, "horde"..the one where waves of locus come and get increasingly difficult. its pretty awesome ;-D. ive got up to level 9....but its gets pretty rough.

tried to get into a bunch of other multi games, but matchmaking/servers are terrible. i have to litterally wait 5 minutes to get into the elimination grouping. hopefully this is an issue they will resolve. the one game i got in i had mixed feelings on. the chainsaw seems overly cheap....and its just a race to the power weapons. ill have to play more before i make a judgement either way though.

until the issue with matchmaking get fixed though ill just stick to the campaign and play multi with friends only.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Gears of War 2

Postby Guru13 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:24 pm

The matchmaking is ridiculously slow, I played it once and got mad, but yes the chainsaw is cheap and so are the smoke grenades, why do they blow you off your feet and make you lay on the ground for a long enough time for the enemy to bum rush you with their chainsaws?!?!?! stupid.

However the campaign and Horde are schweeeeet. Me and a few friends are on level 40 on horde, it's a lot of fun, and the campaign is just as fun. Good times. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:02 pm

Is it worth buying for offline play alone? I'm probably going to just be playing with my cousin, the last Gears of War we only did the campaign and some 1v1 stuff

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:14 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:Is it worth buying for offline play alone? I'm probably going to just be playing with my cousin, the last Gears of War we only did the campaign and some 1v1 stuff

I think so, the campaign is pretty long and quite fun indeed, and if you two really want a challenge, try horde on atleast hardened (I think that's what the third difficulty is), me and some friends finally beat level 50 today on that (actually the difficulty might be called hardcore, I can't remember. I'm almost done with the campaign on that difficulty as insane isn't unlocked yet. ;-D

Dlux, how far is your progress bar on the 'Seriously 2.0' Achievement? mines at 16 or 1700, that achievement's ridiculous. :-b :-o
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:16 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
Dlux, how far is your progress bar on the 'Seriously 2.0' Achievement? mines at 16 or 1700, that achievement's ridiculous. :-b :-o

i went through horde level 50 on casual :-b

tried it on hardcore with just one friend and got tore up :-b. im going through the campaign on hardcore tho.

on the "seriously" cheivo im around 1200. not going to be getting that one :-b

cod5 comes out tomorrow, so that will be my new thing most likely, but im still going to go back to cod4 for multi.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:15 am

Picked up GoW 2 today and me and my buddy played the campaign straight through... I thought it was good, not bogged down with a lot of cinematics yet still had a solid story. I'm glad I got it and I hope the online version shapes up there matchmaking system because I would like to try that out. ;-D
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Beat the campaign earlier today on Hardcore. I totally forgot about CoD 5, time to go cash that check I was supposed to be saving. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:15 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Beat the campaign earlier today on Hardcore. I totally forgot about CoD 5, time to go cash that check I was supposed to be saving. :-b

You're right it looks really good... I'm going to wait and see what people think before I go spend the money. They certainly seem to have the winning formula.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:41 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Beat the campaign earlier today on Hardcore. I totally forgot about CoD 5, time to go cash that check I was supposed to be saving. :-b

You're right it looks really good... I'm going to wait and see what people think before I go spend the money. They certainly seem to have the winning formula.

Treyarch is so lame, they should stay out of it and let Infinity ward do it. It's not a bad game, don't get me wrong, it's fun, but it literally looks like they tried to copy CoD4 Identically but to WWII, and did a lackluster job of it. Of course Dlux may think otherwise so you should probably wait for someone else's opinion. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby iky » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:31 am

just got it today, awesome game. I think it's much easier to control then first version. Cool new weapons too, kind of sucks that shotgun is not as affective as it was. Well, at least I got something to do for next coupla months )

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Video Games