Suspected Collusion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Suspected Collusion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Suspected Collusion

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:40 pm

So a couple days ago a trade gets accepted in my league: NE def for Mewelde Moore. My first reaction was that it was a terrible trade and the fact that the two owners know each other pretty well made me suspect some collusion. It doesn't help that the team that's getting Moore is 5-4 and the team that's getting NE is 3-6. I check out the 3-6 team and the trade doesn't make any sense for him. He's got Moore as his best flex (and only RB not on a bye he could start there) and he already has GBay D. I email the owner asking for an explanation but I get no response. I decide that I didn't have enough evidence for collusion so I let the trade through.

Anyways, about 2 hours after the trade goes through the guy drops NE D for Derrick Ward. Now I'm really suspecting something and I'm mad. I've emailed both owners for an explanation but I'm considering using my commish powers to reverse the trade before tomorrow's games. Any thoughts/advice?
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Suspected Collusion

Postby shagworth » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Yeah, that definately sounds collusive . If the team that got NE DEF and dropped them can't give you one heck of an good answer, I would say if you have to power then reverse the trade.
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:53 pm

The problem is I doubt he responds by the games tomorrow. I figure if I hear nothing I'll reverse it.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby shagworth » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:05 pm

Man, my best answer would be to try and get some other people in the leagues opinion on it if you have time.
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:18 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:The problem is I doubt he responds by the games tomorrow. I figure if I hear nothing I'll reverse it.

Tough call BH but that, imo, is what a commish is there for. If you have made the attempts to get an explanation and you have either been ignored or not satisifed with the response then it is up to you to do what you feel is right.

The way you have explained the situation makes me think that I would be on your side. If no replies are given before 12:00 tomorow then I would reverse the deal for this week and post that the deal is on hold until explanations can be given. I would also email the 2 owners involved asap and explain that this will be your course of action.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:46 am

shagworth wrote:Yeah, that definately sounds collusive . If the team that got NE DEF and dropped them can't give you one heck of an good answer, I would say if you have to power then reverse the trade.

I agree with shagworth....but I can't see any explanation that makes sense. Especially since the guy traded Moore for a D/ST only to drop the D/ST for another RB?!? He basically dropped Moore for Ward....with his buddy getting Moore in the process. Definitely sounds collusive to me. I'd LOVE to hear what the guy has to say about this. Unreal! :-t

Let us know what happened with this one man. Good luck! ;-D :-/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:55 am

i agree with the decison to reverse, BECAUSE of the drop right after. on the surface i would have let the trade go because at the time Moore was a backup again (unless my timeline is off), but to then drop the D seems shady
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:36 am

I talked to one of the owners and apparently the trade was the result of some mutual "loan" agreement which is of course collusion and is cheating. I've given a strict warning to both owners that they will be locked if they attempt anything like this again. I will also require an explanation for all future trades between those owners.

I think I made the right move (in hindsight I did) and nobody in the league has objected nor have the 2 owners involved (probably because they know they're guilty). As a commish I've learned you have to act decisively and quickly. If I had waited until after week 10 there may have been more issues.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby spodog » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:11 pm

Wowza! Looks like I may have to increment my scoreboard from 3 to 4.
Scoreboard: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=423535

You've gotten stellar advice on this situation. Put these two guys under a bright light before this weekend and make 'em talk!
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:45 pm

[quote="spodog"]Wowza! Looks like I may have to increment my scoreboard from 3 to 4.
Scoreboard: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=423535

You've gotten stellar advice on this situation. Put these two guys under a bright light before this weekend and make 'em talk![/quote

Glad I could add to the illustrious scoreboard ;-D
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner